× Members

PIP assessment centre too far away

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #124258 by lancashire-lass
PIP assessment centre too far away was created by lancashire-lass
I finally got my brown envelope this morning with my f2f appointment - this Friday at 11:00am and in Pudsey which is 35 miles away from my home!
Checked up on Google maps and its a walk to the bus stop/a bus into Rochdale/walk from bus station to train station/train to Bradford Interchange/walk to change train to New Pudsey/walk to assessment centre of 0.8 mile - a total of 1 hour 49 minutes of travel time for somebody who can walk at normal speed and not miss the connections.
ARE THEY SERIOUS?? :angry: What part of "I can only walk about 10/15 metres without needing to stop because of the pain" did they not understand! I've been phoning ATOS since I received my letter, but their computer systems have been down since first thing this morning - so no joy there then.
If they ever manage to get their IT system up and running can I request an appointment nearer to home? I thought that the assessment centres had to be within 90 minutes travelling time of your home? Or is that one of those urban legends?
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #124267 by

lancashire-lass wrote: I finally got my brown envelope this morning with my f2f appointment - this Friday at 11:00am and in Pudsey which is 35 miles away from my home!
Checked up on Google maps and its a walk to the bus stop/a bus into Rochdale/walk from bus station to train station/train to Bradford Interchange/walk to change train to New Pudsey/walk to assessment centre of 0.8 mile - a total of 1 hour 49 minutes of travel time for somebody who can walk at normal speed and not miss the connections.
ARE THEY SERIOUS?? :angry: What part of "I can only walk about 10/15 metres without needing to stop because of the pain" did they not understand! I've been phoning ATOS since I received my letter, but their computer systems have been down since first thing this morning - so no joy there then.
If they ever manage to get their IT system up and running can I request an appointment nearer to home? I thought that the assessment centres had to be within 90 minutes travelling time of your home? Or is that one of those urban legends?

Hi l-l,

It is stated that the trip should not take longer than 90 minutes either way, so this journey seems to exceed that.

If it is ATOS carrying out The PIP F2F, they have a PIP assessment centre in Rochdale, which seems to be a lot nearer to you :

Rochdale Infirmary
Whitehall Street
Rochdale
Lancashire
OL12 0NB

From : www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/consultation_...s/north_west_england

You can e-mail ATOS from the link on the right of the page above.

I can't see one in Pudsey on their list.

If it is ATOS, it looks like they may be "trying it on", the 90 minutes is stipulated, so you can quote it.

As you will see from the ATOS page below, :

www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/before_your_c...ng_your_consultation

they are also supposed to make Reasonable Adjustments for disabled claimants, so you could request a F2F nearer home as a formal request for Reasonable Adjustments under Section 20-21 of The Equality Act 2010 (EA2010)

www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/contents

A letter from your G.P. would further strengthen your case.

However, you are allowed to re-arrange once anyway.

Make sure that you use e-mail, to create a paper trail.

If you can gain solid support from your G.P., you may even be able to request a Home Assessment

bro58

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #124270 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic PIP assessment centre too far away
Hello, having read this post, if this is a PIP f2f, don't they have to give a minimum period of days notice, is it 7. Well there can't be 7 days here if letter arrived this morning and f2f on Friday. I am assuming f2f is the medical or have i got it wrong? My brain does get fuddled at times.

More
9 years 8 months ago #124273 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment centre too far away

furry wrote: Hello, having read this post, if this is a PIP f2f, don't they have to give a minimum period of days notice, is it 7. Well there can't be 7 days here if letter arrived this morning and f2f on Friday. I am assuming f2f is the medical or have i got it wrong? My brain does get fuddled at times.

Yes they are required to give 7 days written notice but this includes postage time so it is not unusual to receive far less than the 7 days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

9 years 8 months ago #124274 by

furry wrote: Hello, having read this post, if this is a PIP f2f, don't they have to give a minimum period of days notice, is it 7. Well there can't be 7 days here if letter arrived this morning and f2f on Friday. I am assuming f2f is the medical or have i got it wrong? My brain does get fuddled at times.

Hi f,

Yes, a f2f (face to face assessment) is the "medical".

You are right, they do have to give 7 days notice. However, this can be 7 days from the date of the appointment letter.

bro58

More
9 years 8 months ago #124277 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic PIP assessment centre too far away
Brain not too fuddled then. However, given a weekend plus Bank Holiday this hardly seems fair does it. 7 days notice should mean exactly that. Thank you for your confirmation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.