× Members

PIP assessment centre too far away

More
9 years 8 months ago #124279 by lancashire-lass
Replied by lancashire-lass on topic PIP assessment centre too far away
Cheers for all the info bro58, and yes Rochdale is a lot closer only 5 miles away.
The address for the assessment that I have been given is:
Sano Physiotherpy Ltd,
Kingswood House,
Richardshaw Lane,
Pudsey
LS28 6BN
And I now found out that the 0.8 miles from the train station is to the corner of Richardson Lane - Kingswood House is a further 1/4 miles up a hill.
Hopefully the computer system at ATOS will be back on line tomorrow as I spent all day today repeatedly phoning them and getting nowhere.
Although I definitely like your suggestion to email them and creating a paper trail, far more reliable than a phone call and more evidence to add to the file.
I really appreciate all of your help and advice - now to start that email to ATOS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #124283 by lancashire-lass
Replied by lancashire-lass on topic PIP assessment centre too far away

Gordon wrote:

furry wrote: Hello, having read this post, if this is a PIP f2f, don't they have to give a minimum period of days notice, is it 7. Well there can't be 7 days here if letter arrived this morning and f2f on Friday. I am assuming f2f is the medical or have i got it wrong? My brain does get fuddled at times.

Yes they are required to give 7 days written notice but this includes postage time so it is not unusual to receive far less than the 7 days.

Gordon

Having received my letter today and spent all day phoning ATOS - is there a cut off point at which it is too late for me to get this appointment re-arranged?
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by .

• Rubyred
9 years 8 months ago #124284 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic PIP assessment centre too far away
It could also be that when you ask for your f2f to be the nearest to your home that you could wait a lot longer for your appointment date.
I was told that appointments are made by when the next assessment centre has a date ie yours in Pudsey was the soonest date so you got that.
I was able to change mine to a closer centre but waited another 5 weeks, no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #124287 by

lancashire-lass wrote:

Gordon wrote:

furry wrote: Hello, having read this post, if this is a PIP f2f, don't they have to give a minimum period of days notice, is it 7. Well there can't be 7 days here if letter arrived this morning and f2f on Friday. I am assuming f2f is the medical or have i got it wrong? My brain does get fuddled at times.

Yes they are required to give 7 days written notice but this includes postage time so it is not unusual to receive far less than the 7 days.

Gordon

Having received my letter today and spent all day phoning ATOS - is there a cut off point at which it is too late for me to get this appointment re-arranged?

Hi l-l

Obviously, the sooner the better. otherwise they may complain that you have not given them enough time to offer some other poor soul a short notice F2F.

After all, ATOS never cancel F2F appointments last minute, do they ? !!!!! (NOT) :angry:

Cheers :)

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by .

More
8 years 4 days ago #157519 by sue
Replied by sue on topic PIP assessment centre too far away
Hi atos sent me a appointment 24 miles away. I rang atos told them due to medical conditions could not drive there or use public transport requested they pay for a taxi. A very nice young man asked me to wait and he will see what he could do. He then came back on the phone told me he could get me into a assessment centre 4 miles from myself on a Saturday and asked if I could attend the apt in 3 days I jumped at the offer and asked if they would pay for a taxi there and back he agreed so I have had my assesment and now waiting for the desision. My suggestion is say you need help with travel and see if they come up with a nearer assesment centre. Good luck s

More
7 years 11 months ago #157601 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment centre too far away
Thank you for your input Sue. However, the original post was more than 1 year ago so I expect it has been sorted out, one way or another.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sue

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.