× Members

GP sent off their form with no input from me

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125039 by F
I'm feeling rather anxious. I emailed my GP a copy of my ESA50 form last week, and they got back to me today to say the form had already been sent back(on the 15th) without looking at my ESA50.

Should I be concerned? It all seems to be going quickly as I only sent the form back on the 5th of September, is that odd? Looking online people seem to be waiting months.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125043 by bro58

Felicity wrote: I'm feeling rather anxious. I emailed my GP a copy of my ESA50 form last week, and they got back to me today to say the form had already been sent back(on the 15th) without looking at my ESA50.

Should I be concerned? It all seems to be going quickly as I only sent the form back on the 5th of September, is that odd? Looking online people seem to be waiting months.

Hi F,

It sounds like DWP/ATOS have sent an : ESA 113 Questionnaire to your G.P. shortly after they received your ESA50 through the post.

I am aware of people where their G.P. has received an ESA 113 to fill in within a week of ATOS receiving their ESA50.

As you will see from the link above, they only usually send out an ESA 113 :

" if we think that your patient may have a severe health condition or disability but do not have enough information to be sure."

So this may indicate that ATOS are considering making a paper based recommendation, which will then be passed on to The DWP to make the final decision.

ESA113's are only sent out for around 25% of all ESA claimants.

There is more information on how the G.P. should fill in the ESA113 from the link at the bottom of the same page :

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...ompletion-apr-14.pdf

@ 2.2 on Page 6.

Whether this will result in a "quick" decision or not in a different matter.

Your G.P. practice may have a copy of The ESA113 on your medical records which you could request a copy of.

If not, then you should be able to request a copy of it from the DWP after the decision has been made.

The ESA113 is a pretty basic questionnaire, really.

Not many G.P.'s get to see their patient's ESA50 Questionnaires.

bro58

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125077 by F
Thanks. I emailed ATOS last night to ask about my status/if they'd received the GP's form. They said:

"I confirm we have received the information from your GP which has subsequently been reviewed and we have now provided advice to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) without the need for you to undergo an assessment on this occasion.

The DWP Decision Maker will now consider all of the available information, decide on your entitlement to benefit and inform you of the outcome of this in due course.

If you have not heard from the DWP in a couple of weeks, you can contact them to enquire about the outcome of your claim on : 0345 608 8545"

So I don't have to attend an assessment, which is good as I was anxious about that. Does what they've put say anything about which group (support or WRAG), or could it be either? Can I ask ATOS what their recommendation is, is there any wording I should use?

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125082 by bro58

Felicity wrote: Thanks. I emailed ATOS last night to ask about my status/if they'd received the GP's form. They said:

"I confirm we have received the information from your GP which has subsequently been reviewed and we have now provided advice to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) without the need for you to undergo an assessment on this occasion.

The DWP Decision Maker will now consider all of the available information, decide on your entitlement to benefit and inform you of the outcome of this in due course.

If you have not heard from the DWP in a couple of weeks, you can contact them to enquire about the outcome of your claim on : 0345 608 8545"

So I don't have to attend an assessment, which is good as I was anxious about that. Does what they've put say anything about which group (support or WRAG), or could it be either? Can I ask ATOS what their recommendation is, is there any wording I should use?

Hi F,

Yes, that is good news, as you don't have to attend a F2F, and you can't be found fit for work.

The fact that ATOS have made recommendations on paper scrutiny alone is not really an indicator of which group you may be placed into. (WRAG or SG)

You could try e-mailing ATOS once more and asking whether they have recommended entry to The WRAG or The SG, but they may not be prepared to inform you.

As they have correctly stated, they do only make recommendations. It is The DWP ESA DM who makes the final decision, which in the majority of cases agrees with the ATOS recommendations.

They have actually given you a accurate response regarding contacting the DWP, etc.

If you are going to ring The DWP on that number as advised, do so as early as possible, you are more likely to get through.

Please return with an update as soon as you hear anything. :)

bro58

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125085 by F
Thanks, I've emailed them to ask. I think it all hinges on whether my GP has reported/supported my report that I use an electric wheelchair/can't self-propel.

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago #125087 by bro58

Felicity wrote: Thanks, I've emailed them to ask. I think it all hinges on whether my GP has reported/supported my report that I use an electric wheelchair/can't self-propel.

Hi F,

If you have to use an electric wheelchair by necessity, and not by choice, and have provided evidence of this, then you should automatically fulfill The SG Activity/Descriptor 1.

"Activity

1. Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick, manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid is normally or could reasonably be worn or used.

Descriptors

1 Cannot either:

(a) mobilise more than 50 metres on level ground without stopping in order to avoid significant discomfort or exhaustion; or

(b) repeatedly mobilise 50 metres within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion."

The SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Descriptors

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.