× Members

GP sent off their form with no input from me

More
9 years 7 months ago #125089 by F
I put it in the mobilising section, "I cannot walk more than a couple of steps to transfer, e.g. from chair to bed. I use an electric wheelchair indoors and outdoors, or I am pushed by someone in my manual wheelchair (I cannot push it myself)."

So I'm hoping that they pick up on that and put me in the support group. My concern is I haven't seen my GP in years (I have a lot of support from secondary care), so she may not have put that.

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125091 by bro58

Felicity wrote: I put it in the mobilising section, "I cannot walk more than a couple of steps to transfer, e.g. from chair to bed. I use an electric wheelchair indoors and outdoors, or I am pushed by someone in my manual wheelchair (I cannot push it myself)."

So I'm hoping that they pick up on that and put me in the support group. My concern is I haven't seen my GP in years (I have a lot of support from secondary care), so she may not have put that.

TIA

Hi F,

"I put it in the mobilising section, "I cannot walk more than a couple of steps to transfer, e.g. from chair to bed. I use an electric wheelchair indoors and outdoors, or I am pushed by someone in my manual wheelchair (I cannot push it myself)."

If this is the case, even if you are placed into The WRAG initially, it should be pretty straightforward to show that you should have been placed into The SG on this alone, without taking into account any other limitations that you may suffer.

Fingers Crossed !!! :)

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125098 by F

They emailed back and said: "Our recommendation was that you be placed in the support group on this occasion." (but it's the DM's decision so it could still change).

That has made my day.

I was assessed as 100% disabled for SDA (purely on physical grounds), but I've never had a face to face assessment, not even in 1995 when my claim started under YP rules.

I used the B&W guides, the MH one was very helpful in thinking how my condition affects me (although my CPN basically dictated parts of it, because it can be hard for me to say objectively about those descriptors). The physical one was helpful too, but much more straightforward as I'm always very limited by my physical disabilities.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 7 months ago #125099 by bro58

Felicity wrote: Thanks :)

They emailed back and said: "Our recommendation was that you be placed in the support group on this occasion." (but it's the DM's decision so it could still change).

That has made my day.

I was assessed as 100% disabled for SDA (purely on physical grounds), but I've never had a face to face assessment, not even in 1995 when my claim started under YP rules.

I used the B&W guides, the MH one was very helpful in thinking how my condition affects me (although my CPN basically dictated parts of it, because it can be hard for me to say objectively about those descriptors). The physical one was helpful too, but much more straightforward as I'm always very limited by my physical disabilities.

Hi F,

That sounds "very promising" !!! :)

Just a matter of waiting for the formal decision from The DWP.

Please let us know when you hear from them.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.