× Members

ESA reassessment question.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #126468 by Chrissy
ESA reassessment question. was created by Chrissy
Hello

Last year on around 20th December, I got a letter from the DWP to say that I had been placed in the support group, following a reassessment.
The letter did not say how long I was in the support group for, so I got a friend to ring them and they said I am in the support group till June 2015, but they will contact me in December 2014.

Well, as December 2014 is around the corner, I am getting more and more worried.

I know that generally, they start the review process a couple of months before the end date, but why would they want to contact me six months before my award is due to run out?

thanks
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #126476 by
Replied by on topic ESA reassessment question.

Chrissy wrote: Hello

Last year on around 20th December, I got a letter from the DWP to say that I had been placed in the support group, following a reassessment.
The letter did not say how long I was in the support group for, so I got a friend to ring them and they said I am in the support group till June 2015, but they will contact me in December 2014.

Well, as December 2014 is around the corner, I am getting more and more worried.

I know that generally, they start the review process a couple of months before the end date, but why would they want to contact me six months before my award is due to run out?

thanks

Hi C,

Yes, DWP do usually re-refer an ESA award a couple of months before the end of a recommended prognosis, so six months before would seem rather early.

As you may be aware reassessments have been deferred, and you cannot always rely on what you are told over the phone.

My best advice would be to be as prepared as possible, as even when the huge backlog is dealt with, there will be no announcement made regarding this.

See : This Topic.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #126482 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic ESA reassessment question.

bro58 wrote:
Hi C,

Yes, DWP do usually re-refer an ESA award a couple of months before the end of a recommended prognosis, so six months before would seem rather early.

As you may be aware reassessments have been deferred, and you cannot always rely on what you are told over the phone.

Mt best advice would be to be as prepared as possible, as even when the huge backlog is dealt with, there will be no announcement made regarding this.

bro58

Hi Bro, thanks for your reply.

Please may I ask one more question.

I knew reassessments were being deferred but as mine is not due till June 2015, and I know many of those due for reassessment in 2014 are having theirs deferred, but would they defer mine?
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

9 years 5 months ago #126486 by
Replied by on topic ESA reassessment question.

Chrissy wrote:

bro58 wrote:
Hi C,

Mt best advice would be to be as prepared as possible, as even when the huge backlog is dealt with, there will be no announcement made regarding this.

bro58

Hi Bro, thanks for your reply.

Please may I ask one more question.

I knew reassessments were being deferred but as mine is not due till June 2015, and I know many of those due for reassessment in 2014 are having theirs deferred, but would they defer mine?

Hi C,

From information that I am aware of, as things stand, when a claimants re-referral time flags up on the DWP computer systems, it is then deferred for 2 years.

I cannot provide a definitive answer, as it would depend on whether this 2 year deferral process was still in operation when your reassessment date flagged up on the systems.

bro58

More
9 years 5 months ago #126499 by tintack
Replied by tintack on topic ESA reassessment question.

From information that I am aware of, as things stand, when a claimants re-referral time flags up on the DWP computer systems, it is then deferred for 2 years.

I cannot provide a definitive answer, as it would depend on whether this 2 year deferral process was still in operation when your reassessment date flagged up on the systems.

bro58

Could I ask how this ties in with what Gordon said earlier about assessments being done on a "first in, first out" basis? I took "first in, first out" to mean that the longer ago a reassessment was due, the earlier it would take place, even if it may not be for quite a while due to the deferrals - so, for example, someone whose reassessment was due a year ago would be reassessed earlier than someone whose reassessment was due six months ago. Perhaps I've interpreted that incorrectly though?

If the two year deferral process is indeed still in operation, then that makes it somewhat easier to work out when a reassessment should take place, though as reassessment dates are not given on letters from the DWP it's hard to know for sure. I think my reassessment was due around the end of August of this year, though I can't be certain about that. Hopefully I've got the 2 year deferral.

More
9 years 5 months ago #126500 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassessment question.
Tintack

I was talking about re-assessment processes already started not those waiting for the DWP to do so, there are over 600,000 claimants who have been sent and returned an ESA50 and are waiting to hear whether they need to have a face to face assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.