× Members

ESA reassessment question.

• bro58
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #126501 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA reassessment question.
Hi tt,

There are no definites with this issue.

The 2 year deferrals supposedly started on 20/01/14, and you may remember the relevant news articles :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2645-all-...dicals-to-be-stopped

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2648-repe...ferred-for-two-years

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2647-did-...ead-commons-over-wca

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2653-atos...ts-for-esa-claimants

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2663-mini...t-medicals-suspended

As you can see, we were only made aware of this due to "inside information". and the Minister, Mike Penning only admitted it after being pushed to do so in The Commons.

From the start The DWP/ATOS have not been very forthcoming with definitive information.

We can only advise on "what we know", but from what Maximus are now stating :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2934-wca-...e-18-months-to-clear

there are still considerable backlogs which will take some time to sort out.

Latest on this : www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2949-over...essment-phase-of-esa

&

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2965-80-o...imants-still-waiting

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #126502 by tintack
Replied by tintack on topic ESA reassessment question.

Gordon wrote: Tintack

I was talking about re-assessment processes already started not those waiting for the DWP to do so, there are over 600,000 claimants who have been sent and returned an ESA50 and are waiting to hear whether they need to have a face to face assessment.

Gordon

Ah, in that case I did interpret it incorrectly. So, the backlog is 600,000+ in addition to all those having their reassessments deferred? Good grief! I knew the situation was bad, but I didn't realise it was that bad! :ohmy:

More
9 years 4 months ago #126503 by tintack
Replied by tintack on topic ESA reassessment question.
Hi Bro,

Yes, I'm aware that info is hard to come by on this. I'd guess that if the backlogs are still as bad as Maximus' statement strongly implies, it's likely the 2 year deferrals are still happening, though I appreciate it's impossible to be 100% sure. Not that I'll be contacting the DWP to ask them, as information from their call handlers seems to be of limited reliability, to put it charitably!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.