× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration for PIP - how long?

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127738 by crystaltips
I was previously on DLA for depression and anxiety at the lower rate. They sent me a form to fill in to apply for PIP as the DLA was going to be stopped. I filled the form in, didn't have a medical (as Im in the support group for ESA and have had medicals for this). They sent me a letter months later saying I wasn't eligible for PIP.

I sent them a letter asking for a mandatory reconsideration, including some extra info that I hadn't put on my original form. This letter was posted on 1st October 2014 and I have proof from RM tracking that they received and signed for it on 2nd October. I have heard nothing since. What is the usual time limit at the moment? I know it can take ages.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127757 by

crystaltips wrote: I was previously on DLA for depression and anxiety at the lower rate. They sent me a form to fill in to apply for PIP as the DLA was going to be stopped. I filled the form in, didn't have a medical (as Im in the support group for ESA and have had medicals for this). They sent me a letter months later saying I wasn't eligible for PIP.

I sent them a letter asking for a mandatory reconsideration, including some extra info that I hadn't put on my original form. This letter was posted on 1st October 2014 and I have proof from RM tracking that they received and signed for it on 2nd October. I have heard nothing since. What is the usual time limit at the moment? I know it can take ages.

Hi ct,

You should have heard something by now !!

I would advise that you contact PIP :

PIP helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

To try and gain some clarification regarding your MR Request.

You should inform them that you have proof of posting and that it was signed for.

It may also be advisable to resend copy of your previous MR Request and extra evidence with a copy of proof of delivery, etc and a covering letter querying why you have heard nothing in response :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

If needed, you could also contact your M.P. :

Contacting your MP

I would definitely not just leave things in abeyance.

Please keep us updated.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

More
9 years 3 months ago #127795 by crystaltips
Replied by crystaltips on topic Mandatory Reconsideration for PIP - how long?
Thank you bro58. Im just worried that being able to make a phone call will go against me! They use anything they can. I will try to get my husband to call them. He can put me on the phone for consent and then ask them for me.

More
9 years 3 months ago #128015 by crystaltips
I called the number you gave and the man who answered sounded genuinely amazed that I still hadn't heard anything about my decision. He said he would contact the DWP decision maker and ask them to contact me re this. He said it would be a "number withheld" type when I asked. I had such a number call yesterday afternoon but didn't answer as I have a problem with phones. Im hoping they will call again when my husband or daughter is in. My husband has also sent an email to our local mp outlining this amount of time we have been waiting and saying its completely unreasonable. Whether any of this will make any difference only time will tell. Thanks for your help. x

More
9 years 3 months ago #128167 by crystaltips
Ive had an email from my MP asking for my NI number so that they can investigate matters. Ive heard absolutely nothing from the DWP however.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , slugsta

More
9 years 2 months ago #129423 by crystaltips
Received my letter a week last Friday saying their decision was the same. It looked identical to my original letter! I now don't know whether to take it to appeal now. I just don't know if I have the heart or energy. Its so difficult and, of course, Ive only got a couple of weeks in which to lodge the appeal.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.