× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration for PIP - how long?

More
9 years 2 months ago #129440 by Gordon

crystaltips wrote: Received my letter a week last Friday saying their decision was the same. It looked identical to my original letter! I now don't know whether to take it to appeal now. I just don't know if I have the heart or energy. Its so difficult and, of course, Ive only got a couple of weeks in which to lodge the appeal.

The intention of PIP is to reduce the disability budget by at least 20%, as a result many existing DLA claimants will lose their current awards or at least have them reduced.

If you have no award then you have nothing to lose by going to appeal, but I won't attempt to minimise the stress and effort that this will require.

Any decision you make needs to be based on a realistic view that you can actually get enough points for an award, if you think you think that you have a weak chance of scoring only 8 points then you should think carefully about proceeding, obviously if you think you have a strong case for more then your view may be different.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129442 by crystaltips
Replied by crystaltips on topic Mandatory Reconsideration for PIP - how long?
The thing is I need the points for the fact that I don't travel about on my own. I get quite anxious about travelling places, even with my husband. I never go on the motorway and only ever go very short distances on my own (sometimes finding that difficult too). The problem is, how do you prove that?

More
9 years 2 months ago #129444 by Gordon

crystaltips wrote: The thing is I need the points for the fact that I don't travel about on my own. I get quite anxious about travelling places, even with my husband. I never go on the motorway and only ever go very short distances on my own (sometimes finding that difficult too). The problem is, how do you prove that?

I am afraid there is no easy answer to this, do you have any diagnosed conditions that would support these problems?

Do you have a copy of the assessment report? This will give you a better view of how your PIP claim form was viewed and how close you came to receiving points.

Have another look at the PIP Claim guide to see what points you think you should be scoring, we can then explain the requirement in more detail.

If you are pushed for time, make the appeal within the month normally allowed, you can always withdraw it with no fault if you decide you cannot manage it or you don't think you will score sufficient points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129473 by crystaltips
Do you have to write and request a copy of the assessment report?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

9 years 2 months ago #129481 by

crystaltips wrote: Do you have to write and request a copy of the assessment report?

Hi ct,

You can request it over the phone, but if you have trouble obtaining it with a verbal request, you can make a written request.

You can do this using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129589 by crystaltips
Im finding it really hard to get my head round what to do next and am aware that I only have a couple of weeks in which to do anything. It asks on the appeal form if I will be represented by anyone. Should I contact Welfare Rights before sending this form off so that I know if I can add this on the form?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.