× Members

PIP mobility

More
9 years 3 months ago #127859 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mobility

ClareBeckley wrote: I just didn't want to lose what I had got so should I go for the MR if so what can I say to them? Is there anyway I can get this done before I wait for the decision from the DWP? Also when I try to download the guides it just takes me to the Windows Media player so I can't read them sorry about that.

Any challenge to the Decision carries an element of risk as the whole Decision is re-made, you can limit the MR to just your receiving the standard rate of Mobility, which from your post should have been awarded anyway.

As to the guides, they are in PDF format, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, if you don have it installed then it can be downloaded from the Adobe site, if you still have problems, try right clicking on each document link and choose "save target as"

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ClareBeckley
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #127862 by ClareBeckley
Replied by ClareBeckley on topic PIP mobility
I have got an appointment with the consultant who did the operation on my ankle on the 14th of January. I will say to him that since I last swa him that my walking has got worse and that I can now only walk more than 1 metre but less than 20 metres. That's even using crutches because when I last saw him he said there was a gap where the bones in my ankle hadn't fused properly like he thought they would. So I might need another operation on it the last operation the complete fusion I was in plaster for 4 months =(.

If I want to go out anywhere like shopping or going to the doctors etc then my mum has to push me in a wheelchair. I'm unable to push myself in the wheelchair due to my back problem. Doesn't this count towards the mobility component of PIP?

When I recieve a copy of this report from my consultant who would I have to send it too the DWP or the place where I got my PIP decision from please?

More
9 years 3 months ago #127871 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mobility
CB

If your Consultant is willing to confirm that your walking is restricted as you have indicated then this should be of assistance in proving your limitations, a couple of points that you need to bear in mind; you should not be seen as leading them to reach their conclusion, doing so can reduce the effectiveness of the report or even invalidate it. also any deteriorations that are mentioned must be referenced back to the date when you were assessed, changes that occurred since then (and certainly since the Decision date) are excluded from any reconsideration of the Decision.

The PIP test is for walking so for your using a wheelchair to have value you must show that it is of necessity and not ease, you can only score points for things you cannot do, as opposed to those you choose not to do.

To speed things, send the information to the address that your Decision letter came from, but for clarity PIP is a section in the DWP, so the two should be the same thing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• ClareBeckley
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #127898 by ClareBeckley
Replied by ClareBeckley on topic PIP mobility
So if I sent them a copy of the consultants letter it wouldn't count then becuase it's after the date that I applied for PIP?

• bro58
9 years 3 months ago #127917 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP mobility

bro58 wrote:

ClareBeckley wrote: So if I sent them a copy of the consultants letter it wouldn't count then becuase it's after the date that I applied for PIP?

Hi CB,

You could ask the Consultant to mention that in his/her opinion you suffered from the walking limitations in question at the time of The PIP Assessment and The PIP adverse decision, if of course that is the case, and they agree with that.

i.e. your current walking restrictions are then tied in to the time/date of the adverse PIP decision under MR/Appeal.

The date of the letter will not then preclude it from being used as evidence.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.