× Members

PIP Assessment saturdays

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127965 by raindaisy
PIP Assessment saturdays was created by raindaisy
HI , I made a telephone claim last year for PIP , I was sent a form , but never returned it, in the mean time , this year , i finally made a claim for ESA CB , turned down , then challenged it , and got it paid , Carers Allowance is over lapping , so get Carers Premuim, on my OH ESA IR SG.

I was contacted by ATOS and asked to attend an assessment for PIP, it was a Friday and could I come on Sunday? I said no , i am a carer I needed notice, cant do weekends , and i had not completed my form yet. The DWP then called , on a sunday, and asked if i was still claiming PIP, i said yes, and they said complete the form when you are ready. I did, this week posted it Monday , got letter today to attend PIP assessment on 31 jan..a saturday. I can not do saturdays, i need to arrange for rep to come with me.

Has anyone else had PIP on saturday and it appears to me , they are doing the PIP assessment first to seal the decision for ESA too! ??
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #127973 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment saturdays
AP

Whilst PIP and ESA do have some areas of overlap, many of the criteria are quite disparate, we have heard of the DWP using PIP reports to help decide an ESA claim and vice versa, but the occurrences where this has happened are still quite small.

You should be able to arrange for an assessment on a day other than Saturday, but you need to be aware that cancelling the current appointment will mean that you must attend the next interview or risk having your claim closed.

A home assessment will normally require your GP to write to ATOS explaining why you cannot attend at their offices, they should send any letter to the ATOS where you are to be assessed, whether a home assessment is granted is at the discretion of ATOS solely.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 3 months ago #128055 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic PIP Assessment saturdays
Thanks Gordon,

I have spoken the welfare ppl today, they are unable to provide someone to come with me , even at 2 weeks notice, i have agreed i will go on my own , i am in no doubt i will be turned down , as i have fibromyalgia and other things and my GP has written on my medical report that I care for my disabled husband, even thou i spend many many days now flat out with pain and fatigue , on these days i need him to help me ! so i will go and see how i get on , and when turned down ask for a MR. the carers unit practically said when you are turned down , apply for carers allowance again. its all so negative.

More
9 years 3 months ago #128062 by Gordon
raindaisy

Is there a friend or relative who could go with you, if only for moral support.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 3 months ago #128082 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic PIP Assessment saturdays
No Gordon , no one I can think of , dont mean to sound self pity , but my husband has been v ill following strokes 20 years ago, he is now v ill, his heart is failing , slowing right down , and its a sad fact ppl don't stick around , when illness is long term, so the the way I see it , ive faced worse, there's nothing they can do to me, that hasn't happened already, ive knocked a few walls down over the years, and climb a few too, so bring it on. I have joined this site to help me through and keep updated. Thank you . will give you feedback.

More
9 years 3 months ago #128094 by Gordon
raindaisy

Unfortunately that is a situation that I am sure many of us can relate to.

Best of luck

Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.