× Members

PIP Assessment saturdays

More
9 years 3 months ago #128668 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic PIP Assessment saturdays
OK Gordon, I have have taken the bit between my teeth, and asked my daughter to come with me , this means she will hear things I have hidden from her , so she has had a read of my claim form and fully supports me. bless her. It appears it is a definite no no to go alone.

I am expecting to be grilled over the fact for the last 20 years i have managed to care for my husband, work full time with 3 kids..and still caring for him ...am I correct in believing chronic pain and fatigue are not taken into consideration anymore?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #128698 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment saturdays
raindaisy

I am glad to hear that you have someone going with you and well done to your daughter for offering her support.

You are incorrect that chronic pain and fatigue are not considered in regard to PIP.

All of the activities that PIP looks at in regard to an award take these into account, the legislation talks about activities being done Reliably. Reliably means that they must be done

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

So as an example, if you can walk 100m, but suffer severe discomfort or fatigue after 10m, then you should only be classed as being able to walk 10m.

Good luck with the assessment

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #128740 by Patel
Replied by Patel on topic PIP Assessment saturdays
Who are welfare ppl and how do you contact them?
Patel
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #128748 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Assessment saturdays

Patel wrote: Who are welfare ppl and how do you contact them?
Patel

Hi P,

I am not quite sure whom you wish to contact ! :)

DWP for PIP :

PIP helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Or

DWP for ESA :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

Or

DWP DLA & AA.

If you need the numbers for contacting The Assessment Provider (Who carry out the "Medicals") for ESA & PIP. (ATOS or Capita)

See to the right of : This Page.

&

How to : Contact Capita. regarding PIP Assessments.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.