9 years 1 month ago #130793 by Marie
Replied by Marie on topic Benefit query

bro58 wrote:

Marie wrote:

bro58 wrote: Hi M,

That is really good to hear M !!! :cheer:

Thanks for the update.

bro58

Thanks so much everyone but we are still confused why has the DWP not cater for my friend pensions, the Customer Compliance Officer took copy letters from the Pensions people plus 6 month bank statements showing occupational pensions being paid monthly.

The DWP has not reduced my friend ESA benefit in fact she is receiving a bit more money. Does that mean ESA Support Group you can have an occupational pension?

Keeping fingers crossed my friend don't get another fraud overpayment letter it'll be the DWP fault once again, my friend has always following the benefit systems accordingly, always showed proof of any medical letters or documents when asked.

Anyway we shall relax and recover from the stressed and illness we suffered.

Hi M,

I can't offer a definitive answer !!

With payment of CB ESA, deductions would only be made if the pension exceeded £85/Week, as previously explained.

If a claimant has exhausted the 365 days entitlement to CB ESA whist not in The SG, and is then placed into The SG as a result of an appeal, periodic reassessment, or a review due to a deterioration/change in their condition, payment of CB ESA would be reinstated, and remain in payment for as long as they remain in the SG.

Again, no deduction would be made from The CB ESA in The SG unless the works pension exceeded £85/Week.

It is not the group that you are in (WRAG or SG) that is relevant with deduction due to a works pension, it whether you are being paid IR ESA only, CB ESA only, or CB ESA with IR ESA top-ups.

The main thing is that you continue to provide written evidence to the DWP, regarding the works pension, and any annual increases :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You should do this whether you are being paid CB ESA only, IR ESA only or a combination of both CB ESA and IR ESA.

That way, you are covered legally.

Current ESA Rates :

ESA Personal Allowance for a single over 25 year old = £72.40/Week

WRA Component addition paid if in The WRAG = £28.75/WeeK

Total = £101.15/Week

ESA Personal Allowance for a single over 25 year old = £72.40/Week

SG Component addition paid if in The Support Group. = £35.75/Week

Total = £108.15/Week

ESA is paid fortnightly is arrears.

Benefit Rates 2014

bro58

Sorry I have not visit for a while due to illness still not feeling good.

My friend is only receiving ESA Income Related 'Support Group' no other benefit whatsoever. The only money coming is ESA and Occupational pension which is paid monthly amount £240.00.

The DWP has not deduct any pension money as yet though they have been given the letter from the Pension people and bank statement shown. I found out from the pension people that my friend is receiving Pension Protection from the Government because the pension she paid that company went bust and they lost all the money.

Does that make a different that her pension comes from the government protection pension fund?

Sorry to keep going on and on. We cannot get any information from the DWP they too are going around in circle with it.

Many thanks for your patience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #130810 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Benefit query
Marie

It is possible that this is the reason that it is not being deducted but I would still push the DWP to confirm this in writing to protect them in the future.

If it is not the reason then they need to push the DWP to resolve the matter.

If they have not already done so, they should escalate the problem to a manager which will require a call back.

Remember to keep a note of correspondence and calls and in the case of the latter who they spoke to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 1 month ago #131771 by Marie
Replied by Marie on topic Benefit query

Gordon wrote: Marie

It is possible that this is the reason that it is not being deducted but I would still push the DWP to confirm this in writing to protect them in the future.

If it is not the reason then they need to push the DWP to resolve the matter.

If they have not already done so, they should escalate the problem to a manager which will require a call back.

Remember to keep a note of correspondence and calls and in the case of the latter who they spoke to.

Gordon

Thank you Gordon for your reply, please excuse my delay, I just can't seems to get better, have been ill doctor said all the stressed are delaying my recovery.

I am still sorting out the deduction issue with the dwp, they sent an Income Support form and asked my friend to send payslips for her pension, asking for net pay of her pension before Tax and After, Gross Pay before Tax and after per month that confused my friend because she is receiving ESA Income- Related.

Just now waiting to hear from the DWP. They are making both of us very ill.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.