× Members

ESA (CB) eligibility

More
9 years 2 months ago #130236 by Jonathan
Replied by Jonathan on topic ESA (CB) eligibility
Well, call this a coincidence if you like!

On Saturday I received the standard uprating letter, and it no longer says that "This assessment is based on how much the law says you need to live on. You do not have, or have not been credited with, enough National Insurance contributions for them to be used in this assessment". But that passage was definitely present on every single ESA benefit letter I've received since 2010, up to and including one that was sent last month.

Instead, it now says that the assessment is based on my National Insurance Contributions record and how much the law says I need to live on.

So I think I am indeed now in receipt of ESA (CB) with an IR top-up. I think it's too much of a coincidence that I phoned the DWP a fortnight ago about this very issue, and, despite them claiming that I was already on ESA (CB) with an IR top-up, I think they realised their mistake and moved me over as a result of that phone call!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #130250 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA (CB) eligibility

Jonathan wrote: Well, call this a coincidence if you like!

On Saturday I received the standard uprating letter, and it no longer says that "This assessment is based on how much the law says you need to live on. You do not have, or have not been credited with, enough National Insurance contributions for them to be used in this assessment". But that passage was definitely present on every single ESA benefit letter I've received since 2010, up to and including one that was sent last month.

Instead, it now says that the assessment is based on my National Insurance Contributions record and how much the law says I need to live on.

So I think I am indeed now in receipt of ESA (CB) with an IR top-up. I think it's too much of a coincidence that I phoned the DWP a fortnight ago about this very issue, and, despite them claiming that I was already on ESA (CB) with an IR top-up, I think they realised their mistake and moved me over as a result of that phone call!

Hi J,

Thanks for the update !! :)

I'm glad that this issue has now been sorted out.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.