× Members

PIP consultation tomorrow.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #129018 by bassettsfarm
PIP consultation tomorrow. was created by bassettsfarm
Hi,
I have a PIP consultation tomorrow (Monday 02/02/15) at 9am. I've been waiting five months to get this far. I'm asking for any help and advice, as I'm getting nervous, and the more I read about it, the more anxious I become.
What should I take with me? I didn't keep a copy of my application forms, so can't even remember my answers, and my condition has worsened since then anyway. Can they take that into account?
I'd appreciate any advice ...or anything to calm my nerves! Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #129021 by
Replied by on topic PIP consultation tomorrow.
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Feedback from the majority of our members regarding PIP F2F Assessments is in the main positive with respect to how the assessment was carried out.

You can take someone with you for support, and if you have any fresh evidence, you can take copy of that to The F2F and present it to the assessor at the start.

They can take any change or deterioration in your condition that has occurred recently into account, you will be assessed on the day as you are at the time.

How you get to and from The Consultation Centre will be taken into account and used as part of the actual assessment.

e.g. Your mode of transport, if you state that you have mobility problems, if you have stated that you have problems going out, etc, etc.

If you look at : This Post, you will see blue links to further information.

Best of luck, I hope it goes well for you, and please return to let us know how you got on.

bro58

• tammy
9 years 3 months ago #129026 by tammy
Replied by tammy on topic PIP consultation tomorrow.
hi amanda just read your forum i have just had my assessement on the 28/01/15 i was very nervous too when they start to ask you questions it will all come back to just tell them how it is good luck let me know how you get on

More
9 years 3 months ago #129669 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP consultation tomorrow.
Hi again
I had my assessment and think it went quite well, although I suppose you can never really know until you get a decision. I was told this would take four to six weeks. I have to say I didn't really expect it to worry me as much as it is, and every day I'm getting really stressed about it....and it hasn't even been two weeks yet!
I can only share my own experience, but I have to say I was very glad my mum came with me. She was allowed to contribute quite a lot, and it really helped to have someone there who knows how life is for me on a daily basis.
Some of the questions took me by surprise ... Starting off with 100 and taking away 7 and then another 7 etc.......I felt as it was an audition for Countdown!
I was in there for about 1hr 20mins. I'm not sure how large an area this centre covers, but it was very busy in the waiting room. Fortunately, my appointment was at 9am, so I was seen fairly promptly, but when I came back out, there were several people asking how much longer it would be until they would be seen as they were running over an hour late, and car park tickets would run over etc.
So, now, the wait. I'm so anxious, but just keep telling myself that I can't change anything now. I'll keep you posted.

More
9 years 3 months ago #129670 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP consultation tomorrow.
Hi Tammy,
How long did they say you would have to wait to hear? Hope you're not as anxious as me!!

• tammy
9 years 3 months ago #129708 by tammy
Replied by tammy on topic PIP consultation tomorrow.
hi amanda glad it went ok they told me 2 days to go to dm than 4 weeks for them to get back to me anxious isnt the word keep telling my self it is what it is

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.