× Members

No supporting evidence

• PIPconfused
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129331 by PIPconfused
No supporting evidence was created by PIPconfused
Hi- I am about to submit my PIP claim form but I have no supporting evidence from any professionals as I haven't seen anyone in the last few years- simply because I have been refused access to any clinics, etc as because I have M.E my Health Board say there is no treatment other than CBT so I can't see anyone- does this matter?

I have written all the medications I take on the form but I don't have any prescription copies as the pharmacy keeps these...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129359 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No supporting evidence

PIPconfused wrote: Hi- I am about to submit my PIP claim form but I have no supporting evidence from any professionals as I haven't seen anyone in the last few years- simply because I have been refused access to any clinics, etc as because I have M.E my Health Board say there is no treatment other than CBT so I can't see anyone- does this matter?

I have written all the medications I take on the form but I don't have any prescription copies as the pharmacy keeps these...

I won't hide the fact that not being able to include any medical evidence will not help your claim, but it will not necessarily hurt it either depending on how detailed you answers to the questions on the form are.

Have you looked at the information help on you by your GP Practice, there may be items from there that you can use. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• PIPconfused
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129381 by PIPconfused
Replied by PIPconfused on topic No supporting evidence
Hi Gordon- thanks for the reply. I have found a copy of a letter refusing funding for access to an M.E clinic which is dated the end of 2012- shall I submit that? My husband can also write a letter for me as he is my main carer- will this help?

More
9 years 2 months ago #129383 by gillyk59
Replied by gillyk59 on topic No supporting evidence
Hello PIPconfused,

Your GP surgery will provide a print out of your prescription, if you ask them. My pharmacy holds my prescription and I needed a copy of it and the GP surgery were more than happy to provide the info. Hope this helps.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: PIPconfused

More
9 years 2 months ago #129390 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic No supporting evidence
Hi
My pharmacy keeps the repeat prescription list but your gp practice should print off a copy of all your repeat meds for you to send in with claim as I did and I got them to print off another one to just keep a list on me in case of accident etc.
Hope that helps
Effie

More
9 years 2 months ago #129394 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No supporting evidence

PIPconfused wrote: Hi Gordon- thanks for the reply. I have found a copy of a letter refusing funding for access to an M.E clinic which is dated the end of 2012- shall I submit that? My husband can also write a letter for me as he is my main carer- will this help?

I had one of these when I went off sick many years ago, it's worth including in order to explain the lack of treatment.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.