× Members

pip mobility award get esa SG?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129711 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic pip mobility award get esa SG?
Hi
What I am trying to work out is if I were to be assessed and found to meet the SG of esa would we get an increase of payments?I had T2Us do a benefits calculator check who said we could gain a small amount by me being meeting the criteria for ESA SG as at the moment hubby gets 230.60 a fortnight for us on top of the carers allowance I get for lookin after our autistic kids.so how do I go about getting assessed for ESA or would it masks no difference?
Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129712 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip mobility award get esa SG?

steffi wrote: Hi
What I am trying to work out is if I were to be assessed and found to meet the SG of esa would we get an increase of payments?I had T2Us do a benefits calculator check who said we could gain a small amount by me being meeting the criteria for ESA SG as at the moment hubby gets 230.60 a fortnight for us on top of the carers allowance I get for lookin after our autistic kids.so how do I go about getting assessed for ESA or would it masks no difference?
Thanks.

Hi s,

I am afraid that it is not that straightforward.

For you to make a fresh (Couple) claim for ESA, your OH would have to close his.

As already stated a couple cannot have two individual claims for ESA unless they are both entitled to payment of CB ESA.

You would then have to obtain a Fit Note from your G.P., and start a new claim process:

www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/overview

Remember, initially you would only be paid the Assessment Rate as a new claimant.

You can be paid IR ESA Premiums whilst in the Assessment Phase, however it may take some time to sort all this out.

Then of course we have the huge backlogs with ESA Claimants being assessed and placed into a group, some claimants have been in the Assessment Phase for over a year.

Finally, even though it may seem apparent that you should be placed into The SG, there is no guarantee that The ESA DM would agree, and place you in it.

There is an "Understanding ESA Guide" 2nd link down this page :

ESA Claims Guides

I would strongly advise that you get some face to face advice where they have access to all your financial and personal details before you make a decision on this :

Where to get advice

Age UK can be very helpful for over 50's if you have a local branch.

They, as well as The CAB can carry out a "Benefit Check" for you to see what are the best options for your own circumstances, something that I could never do on a forum.

Failing that, put Welfare Rights/Advice for your Town/Postcode into Google.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.