× Members

Not eligible for ESA payments or ESA Credits Only

• del
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129504 by del
Previously on IB then ESA WRAG 365 Contribution thereafter ESA IR. Change to financial circumstances resulted in no longer being eligible for ESA IR. Also not eligible for ESA Credits Only due to having maximum NI Contributions & NI Credits giving entitlement to state pension when reach retiral age. Ill health is ongoing.

I cannot find any information regarding people in this situation as to timescales for re-assessments, are they written off, are they only brought to attention of DWP when change to health/financial circumstances, which statistics are they classed in, etc etc. Have reached conclusion I am missing it or it is not readily available to the public. Any information would be appreciated.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129508 by

del wrote: Previously on IB then ESA WRAG 365 Contribution thereafter ESA IR. Change to financial circumstances resulted in no longer being eligible for ESA IR. Also not eligible for ESA Credits Only due to having maximum NI Contributions & NI Credits giving entitlement to state pension when reach retiral age. Ill health is ongoing.

I cannot find any information regarding people in this situation as to timescales for re-assessments, are they written off, are they only brought to attention of DWP when change to health/financial circumstances, which statistics are they classed in, etc etc. Have reached conclusion I am missing it or it is not readily available to the public. Any information would be appreciated.

Hi d,

Even for someone in your situation you should be reassessed a couple of months before the end of the prognosis period of your WRAG award.

It is obviously not in The DWP's interests to do this as a resulting SG award would mean that they had to start paying you CB ESA once more.

You are probably aware of the huge backlogs, and the deferrals of reassessments.

Who said that you were not entitled to NI Credits only as you already have the maximum 30 years ?

What if the present maximum 30 years requirement increases in the future ?

This is the first time that I have heard of this.

You should be classed as "a person who is only entitled to CB ESA payable at nil rate", and you should be getting NI Credits.

If you have suffered a change or deterioration in your condition since the date of the WRAG award, and can prove it, you could report a change in circumstances and request a review/supersession.

Failing that, a letter to your M.P. may be in order :

Contacting your MP

I don't think that they have statistics for ESA Claimants who have lost entitlement to payment of CB ESA due to the 365 days rule.

I fear that many, many such people have simply fell through the cracks into no-mans (womans) land.

bro58

• del
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129510 by del
Thanks bro

Twice I wrote to DWP to ask for confirmation regarding my situation, second time was as I did not agree with the first letter. Standard letters received both occasions each stating no payment and no entitlement to NI credits based on my NI record. I took it that as I have maximum amount that is why I am not eligible for Credits Only. I sincerely hope they have not closed my claim as they have been instructed three times not to do so!! :evil:

9 years 2 months ago #129512 by

del wrote: Thanks bro

Twice I wrote to DWP to ask for confirmation regarding my situation, second time was as I did not agree with the first letter. Standard letters received both occasions each stating no payment and no entitlement to NI credits based on my NI record. I took it that as I have maximum amount that is why I am not eligible for Credits Only. I sincerely hope they have not closed my claim as they have been instructed three times not to do so!! :evil:

Hi d,

Yes, you do need to sort The NI Credit issue out, if nothing else.

Even though your ESA Claim may not be "active", in that you are not being paid any monies, you should still be receiving NI Credits only towards your State Pension.

If they won't sort it, contact your M.P.

Please keep us updated.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago #129513 by Gordon
Del

Just to add to what has already been posted, my understanding is that the changes to State Pensions that are due later this year will increase the Contribution requirement from 30 years to 35 years for most people.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• del
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129515 by del
Thanks Gordon and bro will take on board what you have said and get things checked out. I already have enough NI Contributions + Credits to meet the 35 years would that make a difference?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.