× Members

PIP Home Assessment Monday advice

• cplmadison
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129827 by cplmadison
PIP Home Assessment Monday advice was created by cplmadison
Hi

I applied for PIP back in Sept and now have a home visit for a medical assessment next week. Just curious about what to expect. I suffer from severe anxiety and back pain following a car accident a few years ago. My condition is worse since I applied in September but I assume the fact they have given me a home assessment is a good sign?

I know there will be some sort of physical examination, but i do have an uptodate report from the NHS Physio service which I would like to show them. If my back is hurting too much am i able to decline the physical examination stating it would cause me too much pain? Or would this go against me?

I would appreciate any help and tips

thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #129828 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Home Assessment Monday advice

cplmadison wrote: Hi

I applied for PIP back in Sept and now have a home visit for a medical assessment next week. Just curious about what to expect. I suffer from severe anxiety and back pain following a car accident a few years ago. My condition is worse since I applied in September but I assume the fact they have given me a home assessment is a good sign?

I know there will be some sort of physical examination, but i do have an up to date report from the NHS Physio service which I would like to show them. If my back is hurting too much am i able to decline the physical examination stating it would cause me too much pain? Or would this go against me?

I would appreciate any help and tips

thanks

Hi cpim,

If this is Capita, then they do carry out the majority of PIP Assessments in the home.

ATOS are far more reluctant to carry out Home Assessments.

Feedback regarding the actual Assessors is in the main positive with respect to their politeness and professionalism.

The main problem seems to be with them not turning up !!

If they ask you to do anything that cannot be done without suffering pain/discomfort make it plain that doing so will cause you to suffer.

Do not simply refuse to do it.

You can read what to expect at a PIP Assessment from page 64 onwards of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

If you browse through our topics, you will find quite a few members who have reported what went on at their PIP Assessments.

The PIP posts with hearts by them all tend to be PIP success stories.

You can browse all the topics that come up when I put PIP Assessment into the site search engine : Here.

Please return to let us know how it went !! :)

bro58

• cplmadison
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129829 by cplmadison
Replied by cplmadison on topic PIP Home Assessment Monday advice
hi

thanks for your reply, I will have a look through the links.

The assessment is actually with ATOS so its quite a surprise I got a home visit, although i did provide up to date physio letters and assessments from NHS Mental Health (im on waiting list for Cognitive Behavourial Therapy).
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #129830 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Home Assessment Monday advice

cplmadison wrote: hi

thanks for your reply, I will have a look through the links.

The assessment is actually with ATOS so its quite a surprise I got a home visit, although i did provide up to date physio letters and assessments from NHS Mental Health (im on waiting list for Cognitive Behavourial Therapy).

Hi cpim,

ATOS are most reluctant to give Home Assessments, so hopefully they have done so as they are aware of your limitations/disabilities with going out and moving around.

Good luck, I hope it goes well for you !! :)

bro58

• cplmadison
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129857 by cplmadison
I hope that is the case im getting very anxious now.

I read through some of the documents on this website and have just purchased a couple of "aids/appliances" that I didnt realise counted as aids but are things that would help me day to day. According to the scoring system I should also score some points, which I probably wouldnt have scored just because I didnt know these aids were available to me

fingers crossed for Monday although from what I have read im worried they wont even turn up now

• cplmadison
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #130051 by cplmadison
ok so im getting really anxious about this assessment on Monday. Im worried that I suffer from severe anxiety and I said I cannot deal with people. Will the fact that someone is coming to see me in my home that I dont know go against me?

Ive already convinced myself that the "physio" that is coming to assess me is going to say I can deal with people, obviously because I have to speak to him.

I really dont want this person to come and see me I feel extremely anxious about meeting someone I dont know but ATOS havnt left me with a choice.

I have just been referred for STEP 3 CBT treatment with the NHS (even though the triage assessed me as needing STEP 5 home visits). I feel ive been left with no choice but to accept someone in my home that I dont want to see

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.