× Members

PIP Home Assessment Monday advice

More
9 years 2 months ago #130064 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Home Assessment Monday advice
cplmadison

Is there somebody who could be with you during the assessment, a relative or a friend?

You should not assume that the assessor will think less of your conditions because you are allowing them into your home, this would be a place of safety for you and therefore it would be expected that your anxiety will be at a minimum, I am sure that they will understand this and take it into account in a positive way when doing the assessment.

That said, do not be afraid to let the assessor know how anxious you are about them coming to your home, it will be your opportunity to let them know all about your problems.

It is important that you remember that the only way for you to progress your claim is for this assessment to happen, so try not to worry too much in the time before they come, I know this is a lot easier said than done. Is there something that you enjoy doing, perhaps a TV programme or a film that you can do/watch that will help distract you. Even if they can't be there on Monday, think about inviting friends and relatives to spend the day with you.

Best of luck for Monday

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130072 by Samra
Replied by Samra on topic PIP Home Assessment Monday advice
Hi I would like to tell you my experience

First I had tribunal it was a nightmare even worse then being in hospital bed they all kept staring which I don't like so I closed my eyes and gave the wrong answers they weren't help full at all even the judge.

I failed and they took my money of me I ask to be ill it happened then they sent a letter to apply for pip I got a home pip assessment I was so scared

I started crying and wouldn't stop so she didn't ask me no questions at all not even my name she walked in and said who would like to talk on behalf of me my dad said me so she checked my documents and started her questions she was over 2 hours late she took every detail down and she saw my massive wound which is ugly to look at she said she's Young and goin through a lot.

she said I can understand from a parents point of view must be hard which is really hard for them she left and I had a reply after 2 weeks bang

I got enhanced for care and standard got mobility which I think is good for care but not mobility nobody asks to get ill and its a SHAME they treat us badly but there is hope so keep fighting.

try not to speak to the person that comes show them that your in pain I did had no tablets at all thought I was gonna die but I did it and so can you make sure you don't leave anything out tell them how you feel how it effects you on a bad what you would do which is not talk not respond tell everyone to go away and leave you alone BEST OF LUCK and make sure someone is with you.

al, the way through it panic so much that you can't talk which I ass you won't be able to BEST OF LUCK
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130130 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Home Assessment Monday advice

Samra wrote: Hi I would like to tell you my experience

First I had tribunal it was a nightmare even worse then being in hospital bed they all kept staring which I don't like so I closed my eyes and gave the wrong answers they weren't help full at all even the judge.

I failed and they took my money of me I ask to be ill it happened then they sent a letter to apply for pip I got a home pip assessment I was so scared

I started crying and wouldn't stop so she didn't ask me no questions at all not even my name she walked in and said who would like to talk on behalf of me my dad said me so she checked my documents and started her questions she was over 2 hours late she took every detail down and she saw my massive wound which is ugly to look at she said she's Young and goin through a lot.

she said I can understand from a parents point of view must be hard which is really hard for them she left and I had a reply after 2 weeks bang

I got enhanced for care and standard got mobility which I think is good for care but not mobility nobody asks to get ill and its a SHAME they treat us badly but there is hope so keep fighting.

try not to speak to the person that comes show them that your in pain I did had no tablets at all thought I was gonna die but I did it and so can you make sure you don't leave anything out tell them how you feel how it effects you on a bad what you would do which is not talk not respond tell everyone to go away and leave you alone BEST OF LUCK and make sure someone is with you.

al, the way through it panic so much that you can't talk which I ass you won't be able to BEST OF LUCK

Hi S,

Congratulations on the PIP Awards !! :cheer:

I realise that you are trying to be helpful. :)

However, all claimants have different limitations, so where at all possible they should give as much detail as possible regarding their limitations at the PIP Assessment.

They should shy away from only relating how they are on "Bad Days" only.

They should state how they are for the majority of the time, and with fluctuating conditions should give example of their bad days, and their better days, and how often these occur.

It would not be advisable to encourage anybody to miss their repeat medication. They should only stop taking any such meds on the advice of their G.P. or other treating HCP.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.