× Members

Carers Allowance - "Does anyone live with you"

More
9 years 2 months ago #130071 by Samra
HI

I've got a question I've been awarded enhanced rate for care and standard for mobility my mum cares for me but she gets child Benifet and child tax credit is she intitled to carers allowance? And if she does get it will my support allowence and pip will my benefits be affected?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130136 by Gordon
Samra

In principle yes, but it will depend on her personal circumstances.

She will need to provide 35 hours of care to qualify.

If she works and earns more than £104 (she would need to check this figure as it may change in April), then she cannot receive CA.

Her receiving Child Benefit and Child Tax Credits would not prevent her claiming CA.

Someone claiming CA for you would prevent you receiving the Severe Disability Premium, however, this assumes that you are eligible for this in the first place. To receive SDP you would need to be living alone and receiving an Income Related benefit such as ESA(IR).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.