× Members

Pip mobility standard rate 4 points away from enha

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130075 by Samra
Hi I got 8 points for mobility and I'm only 4 points away from getting enhanced rate for pip far as I know i should have got enhanced rete on the form I wrote 20 metres to 50 metres and the letter they sent says that I said on my assessment I can walk 20-200 metres which is a total lie should I appeal it and if I do they won't stop my money will they?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130102 by slugsta
Hi Samra and welcome to the site. This link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You cannot go straight to appeal anymore, you would have to request a Mandatory Reconsideration first. You can ask for this by phone but we always suggest following up in writing. You have one month from the date on the decision letter in order to do this. You do not have to go into much depth initially although you should also make it clear that you will be sending additional information later. Then you need to point to everything you have submitted that backs up your contention that you are entitled to enhanced mobility. You can send in extra evidence if you have it.

There is more information in our PIP guide. It is worth looking at the whole guide so that you can see how best to present your difficulties.

PIP help for claimants

If you have further questions please reply to this post and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130116 by Samra
They won't cut my pip entitlement will they as I'm planning on putting a reconsideration in for mobility and might get mp to write a letter I just don't want to end up loosing my whole benefit what sort of evidence will I need for mobility? As I've got all letters from the past surgeries mental health problems what evidence will I need. Thanks for helping me out
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

9 years 2 months ago #130129 by

Samra wrote: They won't cut my pip entitlement will they as I'm planning on putting a reconsideration in for mobility and might get mp to write a letter I just don't want to end up loosing my whole benefit what sort of evidence will I need for mobility? As I've got all letters from the past surgeries mental health problems what evidence will I need. Thanks for helping me out

Hi S,

There is always some risk involved when you challenge an adverse decision.

If you are to challenge the Standard Rate Mobility Award only then you should stipulate this in your Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) request.

However, the DWP can still re-look at the Enhanced Daily Living (DL) Award as well.

You need to try and risk assess how safe your DL award is, how many points did you get ? did you just scrape the 12 points required.

I am afraid that we cannot advise you on whether to request the MR, or not, but you should consult our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page) to see how you can try and obtain more points for the Mobility Component.

See also : PIP MR/Appeals Guidance.

Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago #130152 by Samra
I've been awarded for 6 years basically 5 I've got my form as evidence I should have enough points to get enhanced

9 years 2 months ago #130159 by

Samra wrote: I've been awarded for 6 years basically 5 I've got my form as evidence I should have enough points to get enhanced

Hi S,

I do not know what you mean by " I've got my form as evidence ".

Just because you may think that the evidence points to the fact that you should be awarded Enhanced Rate Mobility does not necessarily mean that the PIP Decision Maker will agree.

As previously advised, you need to assess any risk to your current PIP Awards as best you can.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.