× Members

Pip mobility standard rate 4 points away from enha

More
9 years 2 months ago #130169 by Samra
Sorry bit confused now I meant I got evidence of all my letters of hospitals and all the surgers Ive had an the prognosis of my condition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130183 by Gordon

Samra wrote: Sorry bit confused now I meant I got evidence of all my letters of hospitals and all the surgers Ive had an the prognosis of my condition

I note from you initial post that you stated on your form that you can only walk 20-50m, even if this was accepted by the DWP it would only result in you being awarded 10 point, not the 12 that you need for an Enhanced award, for this you would need to show that you cannot reliably walk 20m or more.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #130189 by Samra
Thanks for care I got 23 points and for mobility 8 points the assessor has missed some points out on the mobility I sent a supporting letter in to

More
9 years 2 months ago #130190 by Samra
Sorry that is wrong I read the form I ticked less than 20 metres and in additional information wrote I struggle to mobilise and have a walking stick due to pain , dizziness and loss of balance . I cannot walk anywere without pain . I have delayed reaction to pain which means that walking 5 metres one day means I will be in agony the following day .

Nowhere on the form says 50-200 metres don't know we're the assessor got that from

More
9 years 2 months ago #130193 by Gordon
Samra

The assessor is stating their opinion of how far you can walk, you need to show that their opinion is incorrect and that your walking is far more restricted.

It's not clear from your posts whether your current PIP award was made by the DWP or by a Tribunal, if the former then you will have to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, if the latter then you can only pursue the matter further I you can show that there was an Error of Law in the proceedings.

Our PIP MR & Appeal guide explains the process for requesting an MR and has template letters that you can use to make the request. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

The following factsheet covers appealing a Tribunal Decision.

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/appealing-upp...er-tribunal-decision

I note from another topic there was a question about backdating of payments, have you been able to find out what is going on with this?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130207 by Samra
My pip claim was a fresh claim not yet thinking of getting mp to write a letter for reconsideration and backdated money not sorted yet
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.