× Members

Compliance interview :/ =[

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130150 by Mathew
Compliance interview :/ =[ was created by Mathew
Hello tomorrow I have a Local Service Compliance Officer/Advisor visiting me at home for a routine benefits check. They have asked to see bank statements for the past 3 months and also form of identifcation to confirm who I am among asking other questions. My worry is that I live with grandfather and he sometimes lends me money to pay for bills that are due before my benefit payments go in. He always takes the money back out when I have been paid? Is there anything wrong with doing this? Can it be seen as income?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130151 by
Replied by on topic Compliance interview :/ =[

Mathew wrote: Hello tomorrow I have a Local Service Compliance Officer/Advisor visiting me at home for a routine benefits check. They have asked to see bank statements for the past 3 months and also form of identifcation to confirm who I am among asking other questions. My worry is that I live with grandfather and he sometimes lends me money to pay for bills that are due before my benefit payments go in. He always takes the money back out when I have been paid? Is there anything wrong with doing this? Can it be seen as income?

Hi M,

As long as Grandad is not making regular payments into your Bank Account, then there should not be a problem.

Besides, you are allowed to receive cash gifts from relatives.

If these loans are given to you cash in hand, then there is no reason to mention them.

You are free to spend your Benefit money on whatever you wish.

You only have to answer questions that may be posed to you, you do not have to volunteer information.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago #130153 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Compliance interview :/ =[
Mathew

There is a danger that this will be seen as income, you need to show that for every deposit there is a corresponding withdrawal for the same amount or if they are not 1 to 1 that the deposits and withdrawals are balanced.

You may be asked to provide additional bank statements, it might help to have them available on the day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

9 years 2 months ago #130155 by
Hi M,

The only situation where I could forsee receiving cash gifts from your Grandad causing problems was if the cash gift/loan meant that your capital/assets/savings/Bank Balance went above £6,000, and only then if you were receiving Income Related ESA.

bro58

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130156 by Mathew
Replied by Mathew on topic Compliance interview :/ =[

bro58 wrote:

Mathew wrote: Hello tomorrow I have a Local Service Compliance Officer/Advisor visiting me at home for a routine benefits check. They have asked to see bank statements for the past 3 months and also form of identifcation to confirm who I am among asking other questions. My worry is that I live with grandfather and he sometimes lends me money to pay for bills that are due before my benefit payments go in. He always takes the money back out when I have been paid? Is there anything wrong with doing this? Can it be seen as income?

Hi M,

As long as Grandad is not making regular payments into your Bank Account, then there should not be a problem.

Besides, you are allowed to receive cash gifts from relatives.

If these loans are given to you cash in hand, then there is no reason to mention them.

You are free to spend your Benefit money on whatever you wish.

You only have to answer questions that may be posed to you, you do not have to volunteer information.

bro58

He puts the money into my bank account as I pay most of my bills online. But he always withdraws the amount near enough when I get paid

9 years 2 months ago #130157 by
Hi M,

You could pay heed to Gordon's advice to be on the safe side.

However, I think that the DWP would be very hard pushed to class irregular cash gifts from your Grandad as income.

However, Grandad does live with you, and we are in very uncertain times.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.