× Members

Compliance interview :/ =[

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #130336 by Mathew
Replied by Mathew on topic Compliance interview :/ =[

Shell wrote: Glad it went okay, Matthew. It must be a relief to you that it's over with!

I read on here these were happening a lot in the Midlands (I'm not there) but wondered, if it's not too personal a question, Matthew, if you are in that general area (no problem if you prefer not to answer or the rules here don't allow)? I'm wondering if it is or will spread to other regions over time.

Does any one know if you are more likely to get one of these compliance checks if you are on contribution based ESA or Income related ESA, or is it as likely to happen to one as the other? Is it a financial check only or an extra kind of assessment of your condition?

Do they just knock on the door in general, or do you get a letter? What is more likely? I live in fear of a knock on the door as my anxiety, especially over recent months, has been at times unmanageable. I know you can turn them away and ask for a proper appt. but I would think it would look potentially shifty. A very good family friend takes me by car to their house for a change of scenery and I'm concerned they might call while I'm there (and mum is out at work). I feel like we are not allowed to leave our homes at all...don't know if anyone else feels that way.

Just worrying and ruminating on these things to the point where I have myself in quite a state!

Any one offer any info?

It was simply a check of information, like is my condition still the same from the start of the claim? confirming also that my bank statements match with the benefit I recieve. The advisor/officer told me towards the end of the meeting that the whole country will be doing these random reviews whenever they get around to it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.