× Members

Re appeal on ESA (WRAG)

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130534 by knockveiw
Re appeal on ESA (WRAG) was created by knockveiw
As mentioned in my previous messages to you I put in for a MR on the decision re ESA being placed in wrag. This was some months ago (6 mths) . I missed a telephone call on Friday the lady left a voice mail stating her name and from the ESA and said it was about my appeal and she would phone back in a few days time.

Was wondering whats this about, I did submit a lot of evidence from the consultants I see and 5/6 a4 pages on how I think I should have been put in to the SG. Do I have to talk to these people as I get very uptight etc and it puts a lot of pressure and stress on my health.

Thank you
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130542 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re appeal on ESA (WRAG)
knockveiw

You do not have to talk to the DWP about this on the phone but it may be to your advantage to do so, they may simply be phoning to update you on the result of your MR but they may also be trying to get clarification on some points of your evidence, your speaking to them may influence their Decision.

Do you have someone who could take the call on your behalf and then if they really need to speak to you, you could take over?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #130543 by knockveiw
Replied by knockveiw on topic Re appeal on ESA (WRAG)
Hi Gordon

Thanks for your quick reply,as I am sitting here waiting for the phone to ring,and I did not know what to do. That is a good idea about another person,but no one here with me today,so if they phone I will not answer and maybe they will phone tomorrow and I will ask my daughter to be here then.

I will keep you updated of what happens.

Thank you

More
9 years 2 months ago #130545 by Gordon
knockveiw

They will only phone a limited number of times before they write to you. If they do phone you could always ask that they phone you at a time that someone else was with you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #130655 by knockveiw
Replied by knockveiw on topic Re appeal on ESA (WRAG)
Hi again ,I got the call from ESA on Tue morning at 0935 .The lady said who she was asked me my DOB and ins no,she then said that someone wished to speak with me via phone to discuss my MR so she give me 2 days to choose from,so Fri afternoon at 2 is arranged.
Does anybody have idea what these people ask as I am at a loose end because of the amount of work I put into filling a form and adding paper after paper and then the M/R still writing paper after paper saying how I think I should be in S/G linking to the descripts along with the consultants reports.I just don't understand why all this hassle

More
9 years 2 months ago #130664 by Gordon
knockveiw

They will most likely, ask you about your day to day problems in connection with the ESA Descriptors, so as an example; if you expected to score points for the Mobilising Descriptor then they may ask about you ability to walk and whether you can use a manual wheelchair.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris