× Members

Baffled. IB - ESA fail. Fresh claim - fail.

More
9 years 2 days ago #134909 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Baffled. IB - ESA fail. Fresh claim - fail.
I have fibro and was on indefinite IB transferred to ESA wrag, no ftf. Appealed and moved to support group, reassessed 18 months later and stayed in support group for 3 years which is up next may.
Also get DLA hrm and LRC since 2001 and after ESA appeal thanks to this wonderful site I found the courage to tell DWP about my condition deterioration and was given hrm hrc indefinite... Well till pip.
Explain in full, do not be afraid to repeat yourself, give examples and importantly for fibro as other fluctuating conditions remember repeatedly reliably in a timely fashion and safely... And without causing more pain... Including payback pain.
I wish I could explain but brain getting foggier as I try to think :S
Use the guides on here.
Oh I did a diary for a week in detail... Well mainly my husband logged everything and how long etc
Depressing but gave a simple clear picture of my life and limitations.
Please do not give up and keep fighting for your rights
Fibro hug
Linda
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, RedRed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 days ago #134922 by caravanj
Replied by caravanj on topic Baffled. IB - ESA fail. Fresh claim - fail.

RedRed wrote: Hi Gordon,

Thank you. That's a good idea. I've stopped in the middle of page 6, about my condition.

I have never done a PDF form before. Not sure how I add pages and insert links. I'll certainly Google it, but I'm guessing Document > Insert Page? And then adding pages... ?

Hello RedRed,

I've used this converter to create a PDF file from Microsoft Word but it supports many other formats so it'll be worth a try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

More
9 years 2 days ago #134923 by caravanj
Replied by caravanj on topic Baffled. IB - ESA fail. Fresh claim - fail.

RedRed wrote: Hi Gordon,
Thank you so much for your prompt replies. That clarifies a lot. I didn't know it was ok to state what applies to me and how many points I feel I should be awarded, because I thought we weren't supposed to know so much and they might challenge me for being so well informed. Fear and paranoia. :(

Hello RedRed,

Only just seen this thread hence the late replies.

You can't have too much knowledge about the rules & it's your absolute right to be well informed.

The DWP will not challenge you about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

More
9 years 2 days ago - 9 years 2 days ago #134941 by RedRed
Replied by RedRed on topic Baffled. IB - ESA fail. Fresh claim - fail.
Thank you all. I greatly appreciate the advice and support. :)
Had a terrible night's sleep, of course, but stepped back from the blind panic, tried to centre myself and tell myself I can do this...
I was thinking I might slow down, read the guides, start filling in the PDF form, but as I don't want to sidetrack myself with a learning curve, I might copy out my answers on the paper form. It's due by the end of next week, so I'm guessing I need to post by Friday afternoon.

Lindat - yes I know payback pain! I think of it as 'the price you pay', 'the cost'. I can't think of the proper term for it either. Maybe I'll see it in my reading tonight.

Thank you again! It's so good to not feel so alone. xx
Last edit: 9 years 2 days ago by .

9 years 2 days ago - 9 years 2 days ago #134945 by

RedRed wrote: Thank you all. I greatly appreciate the advice and support. :)
Had a terrible night's sleep, of course, but stepped back from the blind panic, tried to centre myself and tell myself I can do this...
I was thinking I might slow down, read the guides, start filling in the PDF form, but as I don't want to sidetrack myself with a learning curve, I might copy out my answers on the paper form. It's due by the end of next week, so I'm guessing I need to post by Friday afternoon.

Lindat - yes I know payback pain! I think of it as 'the price you pay', 'the cost'. I can't think of the proper term for it either. Maybe I'll see it in my reading tonight.

Thank you again! It's so good to not feel so alone. xx

Hi RR,

There is nothing to stop you : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire and simply physically attaching separate typed A4 pages as suggested, whilst referring to the guides on this page (3rd & 4th links down) :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 days ago by .

More
9 years 1 day ago #134973 by RedRed
Replied by RedRed on topic Baffled. IB - ESA fail. Fresh claim - fail.

bro58 wrote:
Hi RR,

There is nothing to stop you : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire and simply physically attaching separate typed A4 pages as suggested, whilst referring to the guides on this page (3rd & 4th links down) :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus

bro58

Hi bro58,

They're the step by step guides I was looking for. Thanks! I couldn't see for looking... !

So if I do a PDF form, can I email it to DWP? They gave it to me after I sent so many med certs via recorded delivery. (So many because they seem to lose them and suspend everything while they wait for me to realise no rent is being paid and I call them to find out why. I haven't done a formal complaint yet as I'm not sure it's wise.)

If not, I think I may have to post by special delivery, as I just realised Monday is a bank holiday, and they need the form by Thursday. Thank you so much for alerting me to how long I have.

I know I could have done this sooner, but I was very hopeful about the election, and then incredibly depressed afterwards. Me and everyone else I know. I was in shock for about a week or so afterwards. Couldn't believe it. I have my MP's support, Labour, but DWP just bypass anything he writes straight to Complaints so it doesn't show on their records that he supported me. Really sneaky. So in the end, his support has no effect.

Also looking at this blog post, which others may have seen ages ago kittysjones.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/1560/

Where it says about regulations. I think 29 and 35 apply. My condition has no known cause and there's no cure. I've tried everything and nothing worked. So now I'm pretty much left to it to manage as best I can. GPs over the years have all said not to come in unless there's something new. No one ever said about annual reviews or anything (which came up at tribunal, they used it against me).

What I don't know is - can I use these regulations in my ESA50? My 'transfer' from IB failed. It is now going to the Upper Tribunal and I'm making a fresh claim. So I have no idea about Universal Credit, or anything. And as I am on the assessment rate, I also don't know if it will be Contribution based or Income based.

Sorry for confused-sounding questions, and thank you. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris