× Members

Pips date wrong

More
9 years 1 month ago #130991 by Sue
Pips date wrong was created by Sue
Hi I got my letter 21/1/15 stating that I had been awarded the enhanced care and Motability from DLA to pips and for 10 years. As you can imagine over the moon as been waiting since Aug 2014 for reply. Noticed on how we pay you page that they have start date for payments 2025 instead of 2015. My husband telephoned straightaway and they said it would be sorted. He has made numerous calls and still no money. Then one advisor said he would get new paperwork sent out, this he did but they have totally missed off the 2 weeks payment from DLA to Pips and they say they are going to pay just one weeks pay into my account every month, they got it wrong again. We have sent letter recorded and nothing done and no reply. I am getting desperate now as my health physically and mentally is going down fast. We got my MP involved. But we have not heard anything from him and do not even know if he isin London as he retires at the election. I do not know where to turn, it is driving me insane. I should be so happy as the most I ever got left alone on dos was 18 months and I had a medical on that to, so I should be sitting here calm and relaxed but instead I just want to cry and scream. If we went to local Jobcentre could they help? Not being able to come face to face is not helping I need someone to see the errors and get it done. Can you help before I have a stroke,heart attack or mental breakdown. Thanks. :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #131006 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pips date wrong
Sue

I would start by contacting the DWP again, but rather than speaking to the call centre staff I would ask to speak to a manager, this normally requires a call back.

I would also look at making a formal complaint to the DWP.

Complaining to the DWP

Other than that and chasing your MP for an update, I am afraid that there is little else you can do in the short term/, further action is dependant on how the DWP respond.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sue

More
9 years 1 month ago #131164 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Pips date wrong
Hi Gordon. My money went into my bank today. Still waiting for new paperwork. Hope this has ow been sorted. Thank you for your help pointing to complaining as we are going to do this as we think we have been treated shabbily and it has done nothing to help my mental health. Will let you know how we've ton with our complaint. Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
9 years 1 month ago #131611 by Sue
Hello again Gordon I received a telephone call just now from some one sorting out my complaint from DWP. She said they were sorry and that it should not have happened. Blaming a new computer programme (yawn). People will be retrained if required. She said she had sent reply to my MP and made it clear it was 1st class, shame all mine were sent 2nd class which delayed things more. She said a new copy of paperwork with everything correct willbe sent to me. I received a copy of the original the other day with the date changed from 2025 to 2015 but still had the original first payment on. She said she hoped this apology was enough but really just blamed a new benefit and new computer software eto which I did not really find good enough. I wondered whether when I receive a copy of her letter from MP, can I claim monies for the treatment i received and taking so long just to alter a date?. If not , could I at least ask for the cost of telephone calls and letters which were sent recorded delivery to be re-I nursed to me. I feel that a sorry (which is so easy to say but not always meant) on a 5 minute telephone call to dis not good enough after all I went through. It affected me physically and especially mentally as it is a long enough process without a simple error that really caused chaos. I would e grateful for any advice. Thank you again for the help i have received over the years from your site info and you and all the other moderators.i will still stay a member even though my benefit is for 10 years as I never know when I might need you again.

More
9 years 1 month ago #131626 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pips date wrong
Sue

Have you made a formal complaint in writing or just one over the phone?

If the latter then I would make a written complain, link in previous post.

If you have made a written complaint then you should receive a written answer, which I am guessing has not happened yet, I would wait a week for one to make its way out of the DWP and to you and then pursue the matter if you still want to.

You could also involve your MP.

Contacting your MP

PIP has been in operation for nearly two years, so it is difficult to see how a "new" computer system and training should be an issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131673 by Sue
Hi Gordon sorry I did not make it clear, we sent complaint by post to Wolverhampton where we sent the forms etc. we cannot remember if she said I would get a letter off her or whether we would get the letter that she sent to my MP, as we involved him. I was not impressed with her excuses and now you say it has been 2 years that it started it has confirmed that the apology was not meant. So when we get the letter one way or another we shall go to the next level as we are not impressed so far. I m unsure about our MP as he is retiring shortly so will not be there after the election, so may ask someone else for help like a local councillor who has offered his services. Will let you know outcome when it has been finally sorted out. Thanks again for your help.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.