× Members

esa reassessment delays

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131074 by mangof
esa reassessment delays was created by mangof
Hi, My esa award (support group) was due to run out in Jan 2014. I had been expecting an esa 50 form in late 2013 but never got one.

I understand that a batch of claimants like me had two years extra added onto their award due to the backlog in assessments.

So I am expecting a new form to come sometime towards the end of this year.

I just wanted to ask if this is still the case as far as is known? Or are Maximus likely to be able to deal with these claims any sooner than had been anticipated?

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #131088 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa reassessment delays
Hi dn,

I'm afraid that your guess is probably as good as ours at this stage. The suspension of reassessments was an operational decision rather than a change in law, it took some time before DWP actually admitted what was happening. Likewise, I would not expect any public announcement when reassessments recommence.

It is too early to know how Maximus is going to deal with things, I'm afraid we will have to wait and see.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mangof

More
9 years 1 month ago #131092 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic esa reassessment delays
Little confused about this as after reading latest newsletter I re downloaded the updated esa guide which has an update on the reassesment issue and the changeover from atos to atos lite i.e. maximus. The guides state that maximus are saying they are unlikely to begin reassesments until spring 2016 as there is a huge backlog of initial claims to get through first. So is this an assumption or have b and w read this from some official source?

More
9 years 1 month ago #131094 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa reassessment delays

micksville wrote: Little confused about this as after reading latest newsletter I re downloaded the updated esa guide which has an update on the reassesment issue and the changeover from atos to atos lite i.e. maximus. The guides state that maximus are saying they are unlikely to begin reassesments until spring 2016 as there is a huge backlog of initial claims to get through first. So is this an assumption or have b and w read this from some official source?

We're going to have to check with the office and get back to you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 1 month ago #131097 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic esa reassessment delays
Thanks Gordon...I trust b and w more than anyone on benefit issues and I know they never base anything on assumption. Just wondered about this though after reading this thread as the addendum to the esa updated guide makes it sound quite certain that maximus are looking at spring 201u b4 restarting reassesments. Im sure the b and w office got this from somewhere

More
9 years 1 month ago #131156 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic esa reassessment delays

micksville wrote: Thanks Gordon...I trust b and w more than anyone on benefit issues and I know they never base anything on assumption. Just wondered about this though after reading this thread as the addendum to the esa updated guide makes it sound quite certain that maximus are looking at spring 201u b4 restarting reassesments. Im sure the b and w office got this from somewhere

Hi, the information you require is on page 81 of the .pdf. That pdf was written this morning, (11th March, so is hot off the press)
As the pdf was only written in march 2015, and it says reassessments that come up will be deferred for another year, so, to me that means spring 2016. I'm only a member though, but, I cannot imagine wrong info being put in the pdf book.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ellen1st

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.