× Members

esa reassessment delays

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago #131166 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa reassessment delays

Chrissy wrote:

micksville wrote: Thanks Gordon...I trust b and w more than anyone on benefit issues and I know they never base anything on assumption. Just wondered about this though after reading this thread as the addendum to the esa updated guide makes it sound quite certain that maximus are looking at spring 201u b4 restarting reassesments. Im sure the b and w office got this from somewhere

Hi, the information you require is on page 81 of the .pdf. That pdf was written this morning, (11th March, so is hot off the press)
As the pdf was only written in march 2015, and it says reassessments that come up will be deferred for another year, so, to me that means spring 2016. I'm only a member though, but, I cannot imagine wrong info being put in the pdf book.

See : Here.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #131168 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic esa reassessment delays
I should imagine if they are defferring re assessments until 2016, prior to that only those with coc etc, then those who are already to be re assessed in 2016 will be done hot of the press. This ensures that Maximus is keeping up to date, which means those still waiting to be re assessed may be mega lucky and wait a real long time til an ESA pops thru the post.
Unfortunately as mine is due in 2016, no doubt I will be first in the rotten queue as I was on transfer from IB to ESA SG.
( My IB was not due to be re looked at until 2015, however I was sent my first ESA I believe in 2011 which does not bode well for PIP as an Indefitite at HRDLAC/HRDLAM I therefore expect to be first in the rotten queue again )

More
9 years 1 month ago #131212 by mangof
Replied by mangof on topic esa reassessment delays
I got my first (and only so far) ESA in 2011 too (I think!) - transferred from IB. I have an indefinite DLA award too and share your worries about maybe being one of the first to be reassessed for PIP. Although they say it will be random. I don't know if the ESAs were done in alphabetical order (and area).

I see some people on the forum have been asked to attend medicals without actually being sent a new esa50 first. Is this going to be a new thing? How is it supposed to work?

More
9 years 1 month ago #131222 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa reassessment delays
displayname

We are investigating why there appears to have been a change to normal procedures in regard to the issuing of an ESA50, it is perfectly possible that the practice was limited to ATOS as they wound down their involvement in ESA.

It is worth stressing that it has affected relatively few claimants, most claimants being re-assessed have still received an ESA50.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mangof

More
9 years 1 month ago #131297 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic esa reassessment delays
I would imagine that the people on indefinite DLA awards would be getting assessed for PIP last, but that is just me speculating.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131353 by mangof
Replied by mangof on topic esa reassessment delays
The DWP say they are planning to start referring indefinite DLA award people to PIP assessments from October 2015 onwards. I think pusscatsmum and I were wondering whether we would be amongst the first in the queue in that group because we had early IB to ESA migrations when that process started.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.