× Members

face to face assesment theyv not got my evidence

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130999 by maggieomx
well pip and atos don't hang about do they :woohoo:

I sent my pip assessment letter recorded as advised by bro58 on 4th march it was received at a WOLVERHAMPTON Delivery Office on 05/03/15 then I got a letter today from atos healthcare in Stockton - on - tees dated 8th march saying " DWP HAD REFFERED ME TO ATOS ON THE 6TH MARCH !!! ", that's 1-1/2 days after I had posted the form back to them !! its got to the DWP
they said I will be seen in less than 16 weeks to see , but might not need to see me due to evidence I sent which was only ESA85A medical report from DWP saying doubtfull il ever return to work ,
so il look forward to be sent an appointment letter for an examination

what I want to know is iv requested my records from my doctors what if I haven't got them before my exam ???
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131005 by bro58

maggieomx wrote: well pip and atos don't hang about do they :woohoo:

I sent my pip assessment letter recorded as advised by bro58 on 4th march it was received at a WOLVERHAMPTON Delivery Office on 05/03/15 then I got a letter today from atos healthcare in Stockton - on - tees dated 8th march saying " DWP HAD REFFERED ME TO ATOS ON THE 6TH MARCH !!! ", that's 1-1/2 days after I had posted the form back to them !! its got to the DWP
they said I will be seen in less than 16 weeks to see , but might not need to see me due to evidence I sent which was only ESA85A medical report from DWP saying doubtfull il ever return to work ,
so il look forward to be sent an appointment letter for an examination

what I want to know is iv requested my records from my doctors what if I haven't got them before my exam ???

Hi momx,

I think that the letter that you have received from ATOS is a standard letter, and not as a result of them receiving your PIP 2 Form back.

If you don't have the extra evidence before the time of your PIP Assessment, carried out on the paper evidence or as the result of a "medical", you may still be able to send any evidence to The DWP PIP Decision Maker. (Case Manager)

There will always be a period of time between the actual PIP Assessment, and The PIP DM making a decision.

You can submit evidence right up until the time that the actual decision is made.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131024 by maggieomx
Replied by maggieomx on topic face to face assesment theyv not got my evidence
aww thank you bro58 was just starting to panic .

my doctors said they have to foto copy my records ?? how will they be given to me ?? will it be in a thick paper pile ?? or maybe they might transfer on to a cd ?? maybe ,,,can you tell me where my records are kept please thanks bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131026 by maggieomx
Replied by maggieomx on topic face to face assesment theyv not got my evidence
hiya bro58 forgot to mention I rang up my pain managment consultants secretary to ask if I could have copies of all treatment iv had on my back , but he is on long term sick since November to date, I asked could I have a copy of them and she said that she would have to asksomeone else how to get the notes to me, she rang me back and said that as the records wer from my pain consultant who has treated me the records belong to him ?? and I would have to through some process to get them (cant remember what she said!!) as he isn't able to give his permission to release these records to me m is this correct please ??

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131032 by bro58

maggieomx wrote: aww thank you bro58 was just starting to panic .

my doctors said they have to foto copy my records ?? how will they be given to me ?? will it be in a thick paper pile ?? or maybe they might transfer on to a cd ?? maybe ,,,can you tell me where my records are kept please thanks bro58

Hi momx,

The format that your G.P. practice provide your G.P. records in, will be individual to your G.P. practice.

They should be able to tell you how they will provide them.

Your G.P. records are held at your G.P. practice.

bro58

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131034 by bro58

maggieomx wrote: hiya bro58 forgot to mention I rang up my pain managment consultants secretary to ask if I could have copies of all treatment iv had on my back , but he is on long term sick since November to date, I asked could I have a copy of them and she said that she would have to asksomeone else how to get the notes to me, she rang me back and said that as the records wer from my pain consultant who has treated me the records belong to him ?? and I would have to through some process to get them (cant remember what she said!!) as he isn't able to give his permission to release these records to me m is this correct please ??

Hi momx,

As with your G.P. records, you have the right to request copies of any medical information that is personal to you :

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

You would have to make a written request or make a Subject Access Request. (SAR)

They may say the records "belong to" the Pain Consultant , but you are entitled to request copies under The Data Protection Act 1998.

As this would be a separate request to that made to your G.P., there would probably be an additional charge.

It might be an idea to check to see whether the Pain Consultant's letters are included in your G.P. records to save paying for the same thing twice.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.