× Members

Pip assesment

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131552 by maggieomx
Replied by maggieomx on topic Pip assesment
it just gets worse !! yes iv sent it signed for , now my daughter is a staff nurse in Manchester my pip2 exam is in Manchester and when I showed my daughter the appointment letter from ATOS she tells me she knows 2 asessors that work at the centre where im having the medical I rang ATOS and told them this and id like to change centres and they said tough and wont change the place of my exam even though she is coming to the exam to speak up for me ,,,surely this is a conflict of intrest ? one assessor she gets on with the other one she dosent !! lls they said is if I get either of the people my daughter knows is the one testing me I should just as for someone else to test me !!
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #131562 by
Replied by on topic Pip assesment

maggieomx wrote: it just gets worse !! yes iv sent it signed for , now my daughter is a staff nurse in Manchester my pip2 exam is in Manchester and when I showed my daughter the appointment letter from ATOS she tells me she knows 2 asessors that work at the centre where im having the medical I rang ATOS and told them this and id like to change centres and they said tough and wont change the place of my exam even though she is coming to the exam to speak up for me ,,,surely this is a conflict of intrest ? one assessor she gets on with the other one she dosent !! lls they said is if I get either of the people my daughter knows is the one testing me I should just as for someone else to test me !!

Hi momx,

You could inform ATOS of this prior to the Consultation.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #131610 by maggieomx
i telephoned ATOS regarding this and they just said if I get a assessor that my daughter knows just ask for another assessor and that was that ! ,
I asked for another appointment at another centre and he said he couldn't s he didn't have any more appointments , and another reason he said was my case was being rushed through !! and when I asked what he ment he said something like oh err trying to get me assessed quick ?? they only received my pip2 for on 8th march !! and got my f2f appointment withing 5 days !!! nd f2f is 1st april , now that's rearlly rushed !!
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 1 month ago #131649 by maggieomx
sorry just read post again the guy on the fone who I was talking to about knowing 2 assessors at the centre im going to for f2f , I asked could I change centres he said not as my case is being rushed and that the centre I wanted to change it to had no appointments so it would prolong my wait for assessment as it was being rushed through ??!!
does that mean my own assessment or ATOS f2f,s in general ???
I feel so ill and sick with worry !! as im thinking they are rushing mine through to get me off my DLA care n mobility award ?? as I know im going to fail it !!

More
9 years 1 month ago #131656 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assesment
maggieomx

The people who book appointments are separate from those who carry out the assessments, there really is no reason to believe that you are being set up to fail.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 1 month ago #131677 by jb
Replied by jb on topic Pip assesment
Hi K

I provided plenty of up to date medical evidences, yet they still arranged a face to face consultation. I too was also on DLA to PIP. No change in my, physical and mental health illness. They made lots of assumptions and turned me down from Enhanced to Standard rate.

Just seems like they are turning round DLA enhanced claimants to PIP standard claimants. That's how it is coming across, as I hear more and more claimants stories.

I am hoping to appeal via tribunal, but not happy that they have put me through more stress, yet again! I have worked all my life up until I was diagnosed 2013.

I do wish you all the best though.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.