× Members

Capita Hell ...

More
9 years 1 month ago #132019 by Bud
Capita Hell ... was created by Bud
Hi guys :)

On 13 March (yeah I know Friday 13th!), Capita came to my home to do my assessment. Yesterday (24 March) I had another letter to say that my assessment would be carried out on 30th! I rang DWP & they said to ring Capita, so I did. Spoke to someone & asked why they're assessing me again, she couldn't tell me but said that it was the norm. Rang again later & spoke to someone else & he said that it was probably a mistake & it most certainly wasn't the norm. He did say that he'd look into it for me & get back to me within 5 days. This morning I get a text telling me again about my assessment (WHHAAAAA), so I ring Capita again & ask why. Spoke to the same woman that I spoke to yesterday & asked her the same questions, she repeated it all again & said that it was the norm .... I said that I wanted to know why they were assessing me again within a week of already assessing me, the letter I received on 24 March was dated 19 March. she said that my assessment was incomplete, I asked why & she couldn't answer my question. So could anyone please tell me if this is the norm or not? In short they want to assess me twice in 17 days. Thanks, & sorry for rambling :blush:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #132046 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capita Hell ...
Bud

Just to confirm, it is not normal for PIP claimants to have two assessments, in fact under normal circumstances there should no requirement for this to happen.

Many PIP reports are still subject to audit and it may be that your original report was found to be deficient and that is why a second face to face has been ordered. Reports have to be produced within a couple of days of the appointment so it is possible for this to have all happened in the timescales you quote in your post.

I would certainly consider a complaint, perhaps once the process has finished, but can see little that you can as your claim cannot progress until Capita pass a report to the DWP for a Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
9 years 1 month ago #132077 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Capita Hell ...
Thanks Gordon. I rang Capita & said that I wanted to complain, I was put through to someone within 5 minutes of holding. The woman was really nice & said that she would sort something out & get back to me that day, she did within the hour. She said that everything was fine on the form, but they had no evidence of my illnesss. Although at my assessment I offered evidence but I was told that it wasn't necessary. She also said that due to stress caused, if I agreed I could have an assessment over the phone rather than another assessment, so I did. However, they still have no evidence, so what she said about the evidence didn't make any sense to me. Ah well at least I don't have to go through that again, just yet. They'll probably give me no points now :(

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132126 by Bud
Yet another call from Capita this morning at just after 8am. They said that my previous appointment was cancelled & they didn't know who'd cancelled it, so they were going to make me a new one! I don't know wether to ring up & complain again, or wait & see if I get a letter in the post for another appointment. Sorry I didn't know whether to begin a new thread or just continue here.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago #132139 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Capita Hell ...

Bud wrote: Yet another call from Capita this morning at just after 8am. They said that my previous appointment was cancelled & they didn't know who'd cancelled it, so they were going to make me a new one! I don't know wether to ring up & complain again, or wait & see if I get a letter in the post for another appointment. Sorry I didn't know whether to begin a new thread or just continue here.

Hi B,

It's fine to continue on this topic thread.

You can complain to Capita via E-Mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #132161 by Bud
Thanks bro. I did get another letter in the post today for my appointment, but it was dated 21 March so they sent it before I rang up to complain. It seems that they send 1 text & 2 letters for every appointment. I don't suppose they'll all be queueing up to send the letter that tells me that they made a mistake. I'll see how it goes, I'm still expecting them to turn up & assess me on Monday. I'm also going to ring DWP to see if they've received my form. If all does not go according to plan then I'll complain again.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.