× Members

Health Assessment

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132416 by ann
Health Assessment was created by ann
I am enquiring as to whether anyone has been to a Health Assessment . My daughter whom I am the appointee for has one coming up and she is absolutely terrified of attending. She has Aspergers and suffers from extremely high levels of stress anyway. however this is seen as a hidden disability there fore looking at her you would not recognise that she has this disabling illness, Is there anyone who has been to one of these assessments who could tell me what is involved so that I can prepare and hence re-assure her somewhat to what will be involved on the day. thank you
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132419 by
Replied by on topic Health Assessment

ann wrote: I am enquiring as to whether anyone has been to a Health Assessment . My daughter whom I am the appointee for has one coming up and she is absolutely terrified of attending. She has Aspergers and suffers from extremely high levels of stress anyway. however this is seen as a hidden disability there fore looking at her you would not recognise that she has this disabling illness, Is there anyone who has been to one of these assessments who could tell me what is involved so that I can prepare and hence re-assure her somewhat to what will be involved on the day. thank you

Hi a,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Yes, we have hundreds of members that have attended face to face assessments. ("medicals")

You don't state whether it is for PIP, DLA or ESA.

In either case you should not think of it as a "medical" it will be a Q & A session which may include some basic medical examinations.

If it is for PIP, you can read what to expect from Page 64 onwards of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

See also Guidance given to PIP Assessors on how they should carry out the assessment : Here.

If it is for ESA, you should read from Page 70 of our : Employment and Support Allowance claims on physical health grounds

Which is available from the 3rd link down this page :

ESA Claims Guides

Or Page 72 onwards of our : Employment and Support Allowance claims for Mental Health and Learning Difficulties

4th link down the same page.

The medical is also discussed in the WCA Handbook section 3. The Medical Assessment.

The WCA Handbook also details the procedures for a Home medical in section 3.12 Domiciliary visits.

You can find the WCA Handbook 2nd link under the heading : "DWP ESA Resources"

Just over half way down the same page linked above : ESA Claims Guides

Please reply to this topic if you have any further queries and please keep us all updated.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132424 by ann
Replied by ann on topic Health Assessment
Hi bro58 and thankyou. I am not sure whether it is a DLA assessment or ESA as it does not state on the letter. It says a healthcare professional on behalf of the DWP. My daughter has received DLA for several years and last year we claimed for ESA and she was put into the support group and it definately does not state in the letter which department this is for. Im now wondering whether it is for both.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132428 by

ann wrote: Hi bro58 and thankyou. I am not sure whether it is a DLA assessment or ESA as it does not state on the letter. It says a healthcare professional on behalf of the DWP. My daughter has received DLA for several years and last year we claimed for ESA and she was put into the support group and it definately does not state in the letter which department this is for. Im now wondering whether it is for both.

Hi a,

It cannot possibly be for more than the one benefit !

Is there a name of the company that is carrying out the assessment in the letter.

e.g. Capita, or ATOS or The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments. (CHDA)

If there is this may indicate which benefit it is for. :)

Has your daughter recently turned, or about to turn 16 years old ?

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132432 by ann
Replied by ann on topic Health Assessment
Hi bro58 , Centre for Health and Disability Assessments and she is 21.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132434 by

ann wrote: Hi bro58 , Centre for Health and Disability Assessments and she is 21.

Ah !!

Thanks ann, :)

It is definitely for ESA then, as CHDA took over the contract for ESA Assessments from ATOS on 02/03/15.

See : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments Limited.(CHDA) (Maximus)

You should refer to the links that I have providing regarding ESA only.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.