× Members

Health Assessment

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132437 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Health Assessment
Hi a,

This means that your daughter's current ESA Support Group (SG) Award is being reassessed/reviewed

Have you received, filled in and returned an ESA50 Questionnaire for her recently, or since the time that she was placed in The SG of ESA last time ?

Her age would have only been relevant to DLA/PIP !

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132522 by ann
Replied by ann on topic Health Assessment
Hi bro58 the information regarding the assessment is excellent .However I understand that medical evidence would be very beneficial and I unfortunately have none as my daughter was diagnosed from an early age and I was taught by the mental health team how to support and manage my daughters condition which has enabled me to be her full time carer. She does however have medication continuesly. I have tried to make her an appointment for the doctors however her previous doctor has left and she is very reluctant to see a new doctor and given that the first available appointment for her would be on the 27th April it would be to late.Also can I advise and support her in this assessment or can I only be present as a advocate.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132526 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Health Assessment

ann wrote: Hi bro58 the information regarding the assessment is excellent .However I understand that medical evidence would be very beneficial and I unfortunately have none as my daughter was diagnosed from an early age and I was taught by the mental health team how to support and manage my daughters condition which has enabled me to be her full time carer. She does however have medication continuesly. I have tried to make her an appointment for the doctors however her previous doctor has left and she is very reluctant to see a new doctor and given that the first available appointment for her would be on the 27th April it would be to late.Also can I advise and support her in this assessment or can I only be present as a advocate.

Hi a,

If you feel that the evidence that you intend to obtain from her G.P. & any other HCP's that have treated her is going to be beneficial to her reassessment, then you could request a rearrangement of her appointment.

This may give you more time, and you are allowed to rearrange once !

You do not have to give specific details to CHDA of why you wish to rearrange.

Failing that, you could send any extra evidence that you may obtain after the assessment straight to The DWP ESA Decision Maker who makes the final decision.

Send copies, not originals : FAO : The ESA Decision Maker, at the address of the Benefits Office/ Centre on her most recent ESA letter :

Sending Documents to the DWP.

There will always be a variable time period between the assessor sending the medical report that they have compiled as a result of the "medical" (The ESA85 Medical Report) to The DWP DM and said DM making a decision.

If you wish to contact CHDA to rearrange, you can contact them via the blue link in : This Post.

If you are officially recognised as your daughter's Appointee by The DWP, then you can act totally on her behalf at the "medical" :

Becoming an Appointee for someone claiming benefits.

If you have written confirmation that you are her Appointee, you could take a copy with you to the "medical"

You should not be treated purely as companion accompanying your daughter who obviously have less rights.

I note that you did not respond to my query regarding whether you had received an ESA50 Questionnaire to fill in and return in recent times or at any time since the time of her last SG Award : Here.

Don't worry, I am not just being "nosey" ! :)

We are hearing from some members where they are not receiving ESA50's prior to a "medical" when normally they would, and are trying to collate information regarding this.

You can see what an ESA50 looks like by downloading one from the link of this FAQ :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Please let us know how things are progressing.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #132569 by ann
Hi bro58 ;) yes I did fill in the form in January and returned it. I believe some of the problems I will be facing on her behalf is her reluctance to attend the surgery as it takes time for my daughter to adapt to new faces ect and new doctors. Her previous doctor has left the surgery and my daughter does not want to see anyone else. I did attempt to make an appointment for her last week however the earliest appointment I could have for her is at the end of April which of course is to late as her appointment is for next week. Believe it or not even getting a prescription for her has become a nightmare as she is refusing to go to the surgery for a repeat one. It was far easier when she was achild as I could organise everything around her but as she is now an adult it has been far more difficult for me to arrange any type of support for her as she is so reluctant to get involved.

More
9 years 1 month ago #132592 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment
Ann

As your daughter is already in the Support Group, you obviously did something right the last time, were you able to attach evidence to the last ESA50? If you did, could you use it again, covering the gap by statements that you daughter's conditions have not improved.

Also, you can request access to her medical records at her GP practice, it may not offer new evidence, but it may be supportive of any old evidence that you have. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ann

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #132822 by ann
Hi bro58 . All over now- I guess we will just have to wait for the decision now. It was no where near as distressing as I believed it would be but I know that was due to the fact that this site had enabled me to access the tools needed on how to present my daughters cas. Thankyou for all the support.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.