× Members

Goin abroad

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133104 by Samra
Goin abroad was created by Samra
Hi I'm on esa support group and and on pip enhanced for care and standard for mobility can I leave the country for 5 weeks with out informing dwp? Or can I leave the country for 4 weeks without informing them ?
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #133119 by
Replied by on topic Goin abroad

Samra wrote: Hi I'm on esa support group and and on pip enhanced for care and standard for mobility can I leave the country for 5 weeks with out informing dwp? Or can I leave the country for 4 weeks without informing them ?

Hi S,

You are allowed to go abroad "on holiday" for 4 weeks with ESA, and 13 weeks for DLA/PIP.

See : www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/illness...-disability-benefits

You are supposed to inform ESA and PIP if you are "going away" even if it is only for a short break in this country.

If you exceed the 4 weeks limit, your ESA claim may be stopped and you would be forced to make a fresh claim.

Have a read through : This Topic, which includes information on "going abroad".

bro58

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133140 by Samra
Replied by Samra on topic Goin abroad
I'm going away for spiritual healing so it's for medical reasons what do I have to do to inform them and do I have to provide evidence? Or gp letter so my benifets don't get stopped ?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133151 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Goin abroad

Samra wrote: I'm going away for spiritual healing so it's for medical reasons what do I have to do to inform them and do I have to provide evidence? Or gp letter so my benifets don't get stopped ?

Speak to the office that deals with your claim, I believe there is a form to complete and you may need to provide copies of your travel documents.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133175 by Samra
Replied by Samra on topic Goin abroad
Is that for both pip and esa ? Thanks so much for your help

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133184 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Goin abroad

Samra wrote: Is that for both pip and esa ? Thanks so much for your help

I would do it for both that way you are covered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.