× Members

Goin abroad

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #133104 by Samra
Goin abroad was created by Samra
Hi I'm on esa support group and and on pip enhanced for care and standard for mobility can I leave the country for 5 weeks with out informing dwp? Or can I leave the country for 4 weeks without informing them ?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #133119 by
Replied by on topic Goin abroad

Samra wrote: Hi I'm on esa support group and and on pip enhanced for care and standard for mobility can I leave the country for 5 weeks with out informing dwp? Or can I leave the country for 4 weeks without informing them ?

Hi S,

You are allowed to go abroad "on holiday" for 4 weeks with ESA, and 13 weeks for DLA/PIP.

See : www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/illness...-disability-benefits

You are supposed to inform ESA and PIP if you are "going away" even if it is only for a short break in this country.

If you exceed the 4 weeks limit, your ESA claim may be stopped and you would be forced to make a fresh claim.

Have a read through : This Topic, which includes information on "going abroad".

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #133140 by Samra
Replied by Samra on topic Goin abroad
I'm going away for spiritual healing so it's for medical reasons what do I have to do to inform them and do I have to provide evidence? Or gp letter so my benifets don't get stopped ?

More
9 years 1 month ago #133151 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Goin abroad

Samra wrote: I'm going away for spiritual healing so it's for medical reasons what do I have to do to inform them and do I have to provide evidence? Or gp letter so my benifets don't get stopped ?

Speak to the office that deals with your claim, I believe there is a form to complete and you may need to provide copies of your travel documents.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 1 month ago #133175 by Samra
Replied by Samra on topic Goin abroad
Is that for both pip and esa ? Thanks so much for your help

More
9 years 1 month ago #133184 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Goin abroad

Samra wrote: Is that for both pip and esa ? Thanks so much for your help

I would do it for both that way you are covered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris