× Members

PIP Change of Circumstances

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133343 by Sarah
PIP Change of Circumstances was created by Sarah
Hi, I asked for my DLA to be looked at again last July due to a change in circumstances as my health had worsened, I was told I would have to apply for PIP, they have made an award but not backdated it is this correct? Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133361 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Change of Circumstances

Sarah wrote: Hi, I asked for my DLA to be looked at again last July due to a change in circumstances as my health had worsened, I was told I would have to apply for PIP, they have made an award but not backdated it is this correct? Thank you.

Hi S,

To reiterate my comments regarding DLA to PIP : Here,

If as a result of you reporting a C of C to DLA you are reviewed under PIP criteria due to you living in an Active PIP Postcode Area at the time, any increased award as a result of this will be active from 4 weeks after the date of the PIP decision.

So, any extra monies will only be payable from that date.

(N.B. This would not be classed as requesting an MR/Appeal)

bro58

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133381 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic PIP Change of Circumstances
Thank you very much for your help, I am slightly confused still apologies, so I am correct in thinking that even though I asked for my ESA and DLA to be looked at again due to C in C (worsening health) that it will only be the ESA that may be back paid?
They have awarded me low rate mobility on PIP which I didn't have via my DLA but I have now lost my low rate care so one kind of cancels out the other really hence I have now submitted an MR with further evidence.
Also would it be worth sending a copy of my PIP mobility award to strengthen my case for my Supersession to ESA Support Group, i.e it confirms the 50m mobility descriptor?

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133383 by bro58

Sarah wrote: Thank you very much for your help, I am slightly confused still apologies, so I am correct in thinking that even though I asked for my ESA and DLA to be looked at again due to C in C (worsening health) that it will only be the ESA that may be back paid?
They have awarded me low rate mobility on PIP which I didn't have via my DLA but I have now lost my low rate care so one kind of cancels out the other really hence I have now submitted an MR with further evidence.
Also would it be worth sending a copy of my PIP mobility award to strengthen my case for my Supersession to ESA Support Group, i.e it confirms the 50m mobility descriptor?

Hi S,

Any back payments owed as a result of reporting a C of C to ESA should be paid from the date of reporting The C of C.

When reporting a C of C to DLA which results in being reviewed under PIP, any payments owed as a result of the fresh PIP Award will only be payable from 4 weeks after the date of the PIP Decision.

Existing DLA Award payments would be paid until 4 weeks after the date of the PIP Decision.

Any monies owed as a result of successfully requesting an MR/Appeal of the new existing PIP Decision would be back dated to the time of the adverse PIP Decision.

bro58

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133384 by bro58
Hi S,

Yes it would be worth sending a copy of the evidence that shows that you qualify for The SG Activity 1 (Mobilising).

Remember, Enhanced PIP "Moving Around" is being able to "stand then move", "walk", no further than 20 metres.

The SG Descriptor also includes self propelling a manual wheelchair unaided no more than 50 Metres, so even though the 50 Metres is over twice the distance of the 20 metres for Enhanced PIP, it should be good evidence for a Standard PIP Mobility award as it shows that you can't "walk" any further than 50 metres.

bro58

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago #133385 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic PIP Change of Circumstances
Totally understand now thank you so much, apologies it's a bad brainfog day today x

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.