× Members

Anyone had a PIP tribunal on mental health grounds

More
8 years 11 months ago #135697 by MariW
Thinking of you. All the best from Mari :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystaltips

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135729 by bbzpda
I would be very interested to hear how you get on.

A few months ago I was strongly advised by Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB) to abandon my tribunal appeal for PIP with agoraphobia on the grounds that I would almost certainly lose and they couldn't justify the resources.

Their decision rested on their experience of PIP tribunals and agoraphobia, which was that if you can leave the house, at all, under any circumstances, then you will not receive the points necessary for PIP (unless you have other conditions). That is, only totally housebound agoraphobics will receive PIP.

Many agoraphobics have a fluctuating condition or can at least get to the end of the street to visit a corner shop or so forth.

I was pretty angry at the time, but did not want to face a tribunal without CAB help.

I do hope your experience is better than mine, and that CAB are proved wrong. If that is the case then I would consider having another attempt.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135809 by Sully32
hi just wondering could you offer some advice ive asked for MR nil points for pip the assessor said in her report that she witnessed me walking around my living room [she did not] I told her I could walk 20 yds I have OA hips hands feet she put in her report I said 200 so nil points I suffer with mental health problems and cant go out on my own couldn't go to the medical 90 mins away and requested a home assessment but nil points so I was wandering what advice could you give as to what to include in the MR regarding these points would be so grateful because im so stressed cant think straigth :( thank you

More
8 years 11 months ago #135836 by Gordon
Kim

Sorry but I'm not sure who your question is aimed at, a Moderator or Crystaltips?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sully32

More
8 years 11 months ago #135883 by Sully32
sorry it was aimed at crystallips
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
8 years 11 months ago #135887 by Sully32
no sorry I meant sian jones

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.