× Members

mandatory reconsideration

More
8 years 8 months ago #140330 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic mandatory reconsideration

kim wrote: I am continuing with the appeal just another question if you don't mind Am I correct in thinking if I was to win the appeal would the severe disability payment I received with my ESA [support group ] be paid to me again THANK YOU :)

If you receive a Daily Living award then you should be entitled to the Severe Disability premium, subject to you still meeting the other criteria for it to be paid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140332 by Sully32
Replied by Sully32 on topic mandatory reconsideration
sorry Gordon what would the other criteria be sorry for being so vague [bad day] thanks

More
8 years 8 months ago #140334 by Gordon

kim wrote: sorry Gordon what would the other criteria be sorry for being so vague [bad day] thanks

You need to be living alone or considered to be living alone and no one must be receiving Carers Allowance for you, you would have had to have met these conditions if the premium was previously in payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sully32

More
8 years 8 months ago #140767 by Sully32
still haven't received a response from the letter ;) so still don't know what the letter was all about .Have however received my date for my appeal [October] :) so fingers crossed the panel will be less devious than the DWP and base their decision on the true facts and not the made up version that CAPITA DID :evil:

More
8 years 6 months ago #143087 by Sully32
HELP PLEASE my appeal in October had to be cancelled I have got the date for next week my question is what sort of questions are asked and because I suffer with depression and anxiety with panic agoraphobia ,im already getting myself into a state :( if I was to get so anxious that it triggers a panic attack during the hearing or I cant manage to go into the hearing would this go against me because I wouldn't be able to answer any questions I have got a benefits advisor accompanying me along with my daughter soooo stressed at the thought of even attending :( :( any advice would be greatly appreciated :) thanks in advance

More
8 years 6 months ago #143106 by Gordon

sully32 wrote: HELP PLEASE my appeal in October had to be cancelled I have got the date for next week my question is what sort of questions are asked and because I suffer with depression and anxiety with panic agoraphobia ,im already getting myself into a state :( if I was to get so anxious that it triggers a panic attack during the hearing or I cant manage to go into the hearing would this go against me because I wouldn't be able to answer any questions I have got a benefits advisor accompanying me along with my daughter soooo stressed at the thought of even attending :( :( any advice would be greatly appreciated :) thanks in advance

There will be three members on the panel;

- a Judge or Solicitor who will run the hearing and take notes, they will ask questions but probably not many.

- a doctor, most of the questioning will come from them

- a disability member, they will be aware of the issues that a person with a disability will face and will ask about how you are effected in this area.

There is no format to the questions, they will be much more direct than the ones you had at your assessment, so you will be asked about how you are effected by your conditions. They will ask about what difficulties you have with the PIP activities and whether there are ways that you could overcome them.

Failing to turn up would be an issue, but you have to balance that with your ability to attend, this is really something to discuss with your advisor, having a panic attack during the hearing would not be a negative.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sully32

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.