× Members

savings and contributional ESA

More
8 years 11 months ago #134870 by oldman
Replied by oldman on topic savings and contributional ESA
Thanks for that. Awaiting callback in the morning. Apparently they used income based instead of contribution based figures. Talking to the lady she said I wasn't the only one to have been wrongly assessed of late.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #134891 by oldman
Had callback. They stated complete hash has been made and will sort it out in next seven days. Problem was someone didn't check, and see, two of the three pensions I have are tax free. Was told currently 2000 people in same boat. Thanks for you help, and the figures you produced.

More
8 years 11 months ago #134900 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic savings and contributional ESA

oldman wrote: Had callback. They stated complete hash has been made and will sort it out in next seven days. Problem was someone didn't check, and see, two of the three pensions I have are tax free. Was told currently 2000 people in same boat. Thanks for you help, and the figures you produced.

Hopefully they will sort it out within they quoted timescales.

Whether your pensions are liable to tax or not is not relevant to benefits as the DWP do not take this into account when calculating payments or in making them.

Your ESA(CB) is liable to tax so if you have not already informed HMRC you need to do so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 8 months ago #140178 by oldman
Well got a phone call. Because my work pension is £780 per month, before tax (in hand) £580, my CB ESA will now be £21.36 per fortnight. Asked about £85 weekly disregard and was told that is what you are entitled too.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140184 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic savings and contributional ESA

oldman wrote: Well got a phone call. Because my work pension is £780 per month, before tax (in hand) £580, my CB ESA will now be £21.36 per fortnight. Asked about £85 weekly disregard and was told that is what you are entitled too.

If you dispute the figures that the DWP are deducting you should ask for details in writing of how they have calculated the amount.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.