× Members

Adhd - Pip

More
8 years 11 months ago #135085 by s3an
Adhd - Pip was created by s3an
Has anyone been successful claiming pip for 16 year old with adhd with llearning disabilities and mental health issues ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135129 by Lynn798
Replied by Lynn798 on topic Adhd - Pip
I have just been awarded PIP standard rate for 7 years for severe ADHD with depressive illness and anxiety disorder. (I am a little bit older than 16 though!).

What would you like to know? I'd be happy to help if I can.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135156 by s3an
Replied by s3an on topic Adhd - Pip
Hi Lynn

Im dyslexia with learning disability and struggling how to fill my form in,have untill 30th been unabile to get help off anyone ie cab,benefit rights ect.
Live on my own with son.Spent the last 3 weeks bashing my head,looks like im sending this pip form off half filled in. :(

More
8 years 11 months ago #135167 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Adhd - Pip

s3an wrote: Hi Lynn

Im dyslexia with learning disability and struggling how to fill my form in,have untill 30th been unabile to get help off anyone ie cab,benefit rights ect.
Live on my own with son.Spent the last 3 weeks bashing my head,looks like im sending this pip form off half filled in. :(

Given the timescales you will struggle to find anybody.

You can ring the DWP and ask for an extension, they are not required to give one but may if you explain your difficulties.

If you are struggling with how to answer some of the questions, then we may be able to help. We can't tell you what to write but we can explain what the DWP are looking for.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 11 months ago #135248 by Lynn798
Replied by Lynn798 on topic Adhd - Pip
How did you get on?

Did you ask for an extension? I had to ask for one with my claim and the DWP were exceptionally kind and gave me an extra 14 days. (Possibly because I was sobbing my heart out at the time!).

They told me they don't give extensions for ESA but they do for PIP.

Just ask nicely and explain how difficult things are.

Please let us know how you got on. I am very concerned about you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: s3an

More
8 years 11 months ago #135249 by s3an
Replied by s3an on topic Adhd - Pip
Hi Lynn,Did ask for more time and was refused...just spent the last four hours pulling my hair out.Well im just going to post in morning,feel like iv been setup to fail from the start.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.