× Members

Petrified At F2F

• Maddymoo
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135416 by Maddymoo
Petrified At F2F was created by Maddymoo
As I have mentioned before I have recently come out of hospital to find that I have to attend a F2F in six days (tomorrow)

I have terrible PTSD from the Army, together with spondylosis, hip, knee,ankle,hand, arm issues. And being partially sighted.

I am terrified that I may react violently and hostile, as I am prone to do when confronted with strangers or stressful situations.

My wife emailed ATOS to warn them, but they only acknowledged the email. I would appreciate advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago #135423 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Petrified At F2F

Maddymoo wrote: As I have mentioned before I have recently come out of hospital to find that I have to attend a F2F in six days (tomorrow)

I have terrible PTSD from the Army, together with spondylosis, hip, knee,ankle,hand, arm issues. And being partially sighted.

I am terrified that I may react violently and hostile, as I am prone to do when confronted with strangers or stressful situations.

My wife emailed ATOS to warn them, but they only acknowledged the email. I would appreciate advice.

Hi Mm,

From your other topic : Here, it seems that this is a PIP Assessment.

Your wife could ring ATOS, regarding the e-mail : Contact ATOS PIP

She could also bring up the issue of your Mobility problems as a result of your recent Hospitalisation.

You are allowed to rearrange a F2F once.

If you were to request a Home Assessment you would need your G.P. to Fax a letter supporting this to ATOS, giving reasons.

Please keep us updated.

bro58

• Maddymoo
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135456 by Maddymoo
Replied by Maddymoo on topic Petrified At F2F
Hi thanks for the response Bro, I have seen my GP this morning who prescribed me sedatives for tomorrow which I hope will keep me calm and focussed.

He is genuinely supportive of me and understands my mental and physical issues, he is drafting a letter today for pick up first thing.

I am reading all the Pip info on this site but having great difficulty keeping the information in as my medications tend to dull my brain.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago #135459 by bro58

Maddymoo wrote: Hi thanks for the response Bro, I have seen my GP this morning who prescribed me sedatives for tomorrow which I hope will keep me calm and focussed.

He is genuinely supportive of me and understands my mental and physical issues, he is drafting a letter today for pick up first thing.

I am reading all the Pip info on this site but having great difficulty keeping the information in as my medications tend to dull my brain.

Hi Mm,

Your wife or someone else can accompany you.

If you have pre-warned ATOS in writing of your violent tendencies, you can do little more !!

They are supposed to "risk assess" such issues before a F2F takes place.

I hope that you manage to get through it as best you can.

Good luck, and please return to let us know how it went.

bro58

• Maddymoo
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135537 by Maddymoo
Replied by Maddymoo on topic Petrified At F2F
Ok guys, I had my F2F today doped up with Diazepan, firstly it was held in a Gym and couldn't be further away if they tried.

I was in quite a bit of discomfort as I struggled to get to the room being used and met by the female ATOS assessor who appeared to be quite pleasant. I gave her an excellent detailed report from my GP which was not read by her at all, but had to sign an authority to read and forward on.

Once she had loaded my details I found that because of her one fingered typing I was being rushed with my answers to what I could remember.

She was on to the next question before I had finished answering the last and am concerned that I did not get the information across.

When it came to mobility I was not asked a question as to how far I could walk etc, but she did say that she could see all the medication that I was on.

The experience was not at all what I expected, but I have been stabbed in the back before by the smiling assassins in the past which had to be rectified at appeal.

Is there anything I should do now or is it just a case of waiting.

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135539 by bro58

Maddymoo wrote: Ok guys, I had my F2F today doped up with Diazepan, firstly it was held in a Gym and couldn't be further away if they tried.

I was in quite a bit of discomfort as I struggled to get to the room being used and met by the female ATOS assessor who appeared to be quite pleasant. I gave her an excellent detailed report from my GP which was not read by her at all, but had to sign an authority to read and forward on.

Once she had loaded my details I found that because of her one fingered typing I was being rushed with my answers to what I could remember.

She was on to the next question before I had finished answering the last and am concerned that I did not get the information across.

When it came to mobility I was not asked a question as to how far I could walk etc, but she did say that she could see all the medication that I was on.

The experience was not at all what I expected, but I have been stabbed in the back before by the smiling assassins in the past which had to be rectified at appeal.

Is there anything I should do now or is it just a case of waiting.

Hi Mm,

It's good to hear that you managed to get through your F2F !

The PIP Medical Report compiled by the assessor will now be sent to The DWP PIP Decision Maker to make the final decision.

You could give it a week or so, then if you haven't heard from DWP you could phone PIP for an update :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Whilst on the phone you could request a copy of the medical report, some members have managed to obtain a copy before The PIP DM has made the decision.

If you can't obtain a copy then, you should be able to do so after the decision has been made.

Fingers crossed for a positive decision !

Please keep us updated.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.