× Members

Petrified At F2F

• Maddymoo
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135544 by Maddymoo
Replied by Maddymoo on topic Petrified At F2F
Thanks Bro

I'm in quite a bit of pain after my marathon and can't get my head around the lack of mobility questions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135548 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Petrified At F2F

Maddymoo wrote: Thanks Bro

I'm in quite a bit of pain after my marathon and can't get my head around the lack of mobility questions.

They will likely make a recommendation based on their observations of you at the assessment, walking to and from the room, etc. and assumptions of how you travelled to and from the appointment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135550 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Petrified At F2F

Gordon wrote:

Maddymoo wrote: Thanks Bro

They will likely make a recommendation based on their observations of you at the assessment, walking to and from the room, etc. and assumptions of how you travelled to and from the appointment.

Gordon

Yes G,

That could well be the case, as I informed Mm : Here.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

• Maddymoo
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135560 by Maddymoo
After this bizarre f2f I am today in absoloute agony from getting to the interview, in addition the more that I think about it the more I think that I was not asked very little mobility questions, has this happened before.

• Maddymoo
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135565 by Maddymoo
So basically because I managed to get to the room doped up on morphine and diazepam, wearing my right leg brace,right ankle brace, using crutches and supported by my wife.

Huffing and puffing and stopping every so often and not being observed until the assessor came out of her room where I was lowered down onto the seat.

May mean that I can start training for the marathon,which is indeed great news, all I need now is to have my spine realigned,feeling back into my arms and hands,removing the arthritis from my hands,knees,hips,feet.

In addition to having recovered from my replacement knee op 3 weeks ago, my next replacement knee and not to forget my unstable ankle which has had two failed reconstructions and my wish to end my life,hurt others, experience day and night terrors,flash backs etc.

As I lay here in bed with the pain suffered from the over exhaustion of the assessment, I ask myself having witnessed things that humanity does to each other in war and so called peace.

Having watched friends lives disappear in a cloud of mist and having to collect pieces of meat that were once part of a child or adult.

I ask myself was it worth fighting for a country that treats the genuinely disabled people of this once great land like the dregs of society who are forced to grovel for the right to live.

If I could go back in time,would I fight for this country again, to listen to Cameron twittering about how our forces are being looked after by the military covenant etc.

Not a chance Mr Cameron and Blair I would rather be speaking peshmerga than going through this humiliating and deeply embarrassing process, to a once proud and honourable man.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135584 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic Petrified At F2F
I was not asked any mobility questions at my f2f, I attended in my wheelchair, the assessor asked if I wanted to stay in it, I said yes, she said thats okay I don't need to see you walking, your doctor has written in and I got enhanced mobility.

Mags
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.