× Members

PIP ASSESSORS QUALIFACATIONS

More
8 years 11 months ago #135477 by Sully32
PIP ASSESSORS QUALIFACATIONS was created by Sully32
I have just read the news page and one of the headings it states that the DWP have told CAPITA they should put theyre qualification [not just that they are a health professional] .Well I was unfortunate enough to have a FTF with CAPITA :evil: So to cut a long story short I have asked for a MR my doctor is providing further medical evidence and when I showed her the capita report she asked what was the assessors qualification so she told me to find out I rang the pip help line today I asked them they said I should contact capita because they were best placed to answer my query so I did the guy I spoke to asked me why I wanted the information so I explained the MR and my doctor wanted the additional information he said they were not obliged to give me this information I then asked who do I contact to get the information he said no one he then said wait a ill ask my manager :( he came back and said he could not give me the information and he rattled on and said that all the assessors are trained to government standards and can carry out assessments for any disabilities and it would not make a difference to me who carried out the assessment :( and they do not base their assessments on your disability history the base it on the actual FTF assessment and he said sorry I can not help you I then rang the PIP helpline and asked if the decision maker could give me the information and the lady said she would send her an email requesting the information and said it could take 5 working days for her to ring me but was not sure she would give me the information its one brick wall after another and even more stress :( :( :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135508 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic PIP ASSESSORS QUALIFACATIONS
The heath professionals Qualifications such as RGN, RMN. etc should be on their report they sent to the DWP Decision Maker.

You can ask for a copy of this or if you do not get an award through the Mandatory Reconsideration and you Appeal you will eventually receive a copy of your file including Capita report.

In the mean time you should make a formal compliant to both Capita and DWP and write to your MP unless he/she is IDS or one of his junior ministers.

Once you find out what qualifications the Health Professional has and you believe their treatment you received was below the standards of care you would expect from a member of their profession you should make a formal complaint to their controlling body (such the NMC for a Nurse)

Your complaint will have more weight if you wait until you are successful at the MR or Appeal

More
8 years 11 months ago #135555 by Sully32
Replied by Sully32 on topic PIP ASSESSORS QUALIFACATIONS
Thanks for your reply I have already got a copy of the CAPITA report and that's all it states is she is a health professional :( the reason my doctor wants to know her profession is because I have mental health problems and in her report she did not include any of the issues discussed so in her opinion there isn't any problems with my mental health so for this reason my doctor is of the opinion she may not be qualified to asses someone with mental health problems because part of my MR I intend to provide further medical evidence and also challenge the CAPITA report because it was not truthful but thanks again for taking the time to reply

More
8 years 11 months ago #135579 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP ASSESSORS QUALIFACATIONS
Kim

The DWP view will be that the person has been trained in Disability Assessment and is therefore qualified to have assessed you, whilst their qualifications, or lack of them, will go some way to showing that any comments they made in regard to your mental health issues was sub standard, this is unlikely in itself to be sufficient to undermine the report, you or your doctor need to pick out specific factual errors or omissions from the report to show this.

You need to be aware that showing that the report is not fit for purpose may simply result in a new one being produced by a more experienced assessor from the notes of the interview or even a new assessment being required.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 11 months ago #135638 by Sully32
Replied by Sully32 on topic PIP ASSESSORS QUALIFACATIONS
thanks for your reply I intend to adhere to your advice because as I said in one of my other posts she put in the report she observed me walking around my living room when she didn't and then put in her opinion I can walk 200m unaided and like you said rather than say I can only walk 20yds it would b better to say how can she come to this opinion when she didn't see me walk but the point im trying to make is in her opinion she doesn't think my depression and anxiety has any in pact on my daily life so if she is not qualified in mental health how is she able to come to this opinion and don't get me wrong this whole experience is so stressful preparing for the MR etc the assessment should contain the true facts on how my disability affects me :( and also I asked the pip helpline if i needed extra time to send in the extra information for the MR would i be able to have it and she said that because they have received my request it in writing the MR wont take place until the new information is received and theres no time limit could you advice if this is correct thankyou

More
8 years 11 months ago #135659 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP ASSESSORS QUALIFACATIONS
Kim

One of the major problems (only one?) with the MR system as currently implemented is that there is no standard procedure as to how a Decision Maker will handle one, some do there best to provide structured process that takes account of the claimant providing more information and other seem to make the Decision by return of post.

Our understanding is that DM's have instructions to give a claimant, who has said that they will provide additional information, four weeks to do so, it could be longer if the DM is busy and takes longer than intended to get around to your file again, but it is certainly not open ended.

You should aim for sooner rather than later if at all possible.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sully32

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris