× Members

pip assessments choice of centre?

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #135740 by norman21
pip assessments choice of centre? was created by norman21
Hi all
A friend has been given 5 days notice to attend a pip assessment, but not at the nearest one, they say she has to instead go into London and also need one or two underground changes, a journey of at least 2 hours and even with some one going with her, if she makes it , surely this will count against her that she can travel a long and complicated journey
I am waiting to reapply for pip and there is no way I could do this - what is the best way to deal with this kind of situation?
Many thanks in advance for any advice
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #135741 by
Replied by on topic pip assessments choice of centre?

norman21 wrote: Hi all
A friend has been given 5 days notice to attend a pip assessment, but not at the nearest one, they say she has to instead go into London and also need one or two underground changes, a journey of at least 2 hours and even with some one going with her, if she makes it , surely this will count against her that she can travel a long and complicated journey
I am waiting to reapply for pip and there is no way I could do this - what is the best way to deal with this kind of situation?
Many thanks in advance for any advice

Hi n21,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

This has happened to several of our members, and PIP Claimants as a whole.

Travelling time to and from the assessment centre should not exceed 90 minutes either way, taking into account public transport, road works, diversions, different legs of the journey, e.g. bus/ train, etc, etc.

You don't say whether the PIP Assessor is ATOS or Capita.

As you state it is taking place in London, I will assume that it is ATOS, at one of these : Locations.

In either case you can challenge them, and useful information regarding this can be found from the two topic links below..

Here is a topic from one of our members where it was ATOS :

HERE.

Here in another where it was Capita :

HERE.

Yes, the return trip to and from the assessment centre, and how they manage it will be used as part of the assessment itself.

If your still have any queries after reading through the above topics, please reply to this post and we will try to help further.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

More
8 years 9 months ago #135772 by norman21
Replied by norman21 on topic pip assessments choice of centre?
Hi thank you haven't had a chance to speak with my friend but its Vauxhall in London think its atos
I previously had to go to Luton 40 minute drive by person who took me
This is a new one, I have been psyching myself up for reassessment but had not even considered they would even try this, :(. thanks for links I will look

• Rubyred
8 years 9 months ago #135813 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic pip assessments choice of centre?
My Atos assessment was also booked for Vauxhall, previous one was also in Luton which is 20 mins away, to get to Vauxhall would also be 40 mins by train then tube then walk.
I called to re-arrange and the person I spoke to said if there wasnt a suitable one available I would have to take Vauxhall.
However calling back yesterday, as Vauxhall was for today, I was offered a choice of 2 venues, days and times!
Much nearer home and I can drive there.
No idea what would happen if it just wasnt possible to take the Vauxhall one. Ive just read somewhere in the PIP guide that Atos statge 30 mins one way travel and Capita say 90 mins one way.

8 years 9 months ago #135816 by
Replied by on topic pip assessments choice of centre?

Rubyred wrote: My Atos assessment was also booked for Vauxhall, previous one was also in Luton which is 20 mins away, to get to Vauxhall would also be 40 mins by train then tube then walk.
I called to re-arrange and the person I spoke to said if there wasnt a suitable one available I would have to take Vauxhall.
However calling back yesterday, as Vauxhall was for today, I was offered a choice of 2 venues, days and times!
Much nearer home and I can drive there.
No idea what would happen if it just wasnt possible to take the Vauxhall one. Ive just read somewhere in the PIP guide that Atos statge 30 mins one way travel and Capita say 90 mins one way.

Hi Rr,

It's 90 minutes maximum either way, this has been reiterated in Parliament.

That goes for ATOS & Capita for PIP Assessments and Maximus for ESA Assessments.

bro58

• Rubyred
8 years 9 months ago #135826 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic pip assessments choice of centre?
Thanks bro58, I read it in the PIP guide under Examination Centres, but if its been reiterated the information has obviously been changed.

Thanks for making it clear it all helps.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.