× Members

ESA Reg 29 (2) (b) - what evidence can I give?

More
8 years 10 months ago #136629 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic ESA Reg 29 (2) (b) - what evidence can I give?
:woohoo:

Hi Nina

Thanks for taking the time whilst you’re under such pressure to let me know you had a more confident reply from Duthie Sol’s.

May I wish you all the very best of luck.

P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136668 by JenJJ
Replied by JenJJ on topic Last-minute question!

Nina wrote: OK, putting the finishing touches to my submission to email it to HMCTS today... I've shown it to a relative who's a lawyer in another country, and he's asked whether it's possible to be found capable of part-time work, or working from home. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so I'm guessing not, but what is the standard of work they're using to decide if you're capable of it? My dr thinks it's full-time work outside the home, but I wanted to check. Do I need to be making a case that any work at all, even an hour or two a week, perhaps done from home, is impossible? Thank you, everyone, for the advice!

Hi Nina, another way to look at it is - which group do you think you should be put into? From the Gov website

Work-related activity group

You must go to regular interviews with an adviser who can help with things like job goals and improving your skills.

Support group

You don’t have to go to interviews, but you can ask to talk to a personal adviser. You’re usually in this group if your illness or disability severely limits what you can do.

If you use Regulation 29 and are successful you will be put into the work-related activity group for having limited capability for work

If you think you should be in the support group you should be using Regulation 35 which claims you have limited capability for work-related activity

Regulation 35 - note the different wording to Regulation 29 as I have put in bold above
www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/794/regulation/35/made

• Nina
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #137033 by Nina
Replied by Nina on topic appeal hearing, travel expenses
I have my hearing coming up on Monday morning... My sister is coming with me for moral support; will she be allowed into the hearing itself? Will it be OK for her to take notes for me?

Also, I will take a taxi to the hearing but haven't been in touch with the Appeals Service about expenses - can I claim back a taxi fare on the day or is it not worth trying? Also, if I arrive by taxi but leave by public transport (because I won't need to save my energy so much afterwards and can't afford to go both ways by taxi!) is that going to be interpreted in any way by the Service?

Thanks, all.

More
8 years 10 months ago #137063 by Gordon
Nina

The TS won't pay for a taxi unless it has been pre-arranged, give the Clerk of the Court a call to see whether they will bear the costs.

Whilst they will undoubtedly ask how you got to the hearing they are very unlikely to be interested in how you get home from it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Nina
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #137145 by Nina
Replied by Nina on topic Success!
I was successful at my hearing yesterday - phew! They agreed that Reg 29(2)(b) applied. Thank you B&W, mods, and other forum users for your help! I'll write a more detailed account of the hearing later in the week - is there a particular place on the forum that should go, or should I put it here?

More
8 years 10 months ago #137150 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Success!

Nina wrote: I was successful at my hearing yesterday - phew! They agreed that Reg 29(2)(b) applied. Thank you B&W, mods, and other forum users for your help! I'll write a more detailed account of the hearing later in the week - is there a particular place on the forum that should go, or should I put it here?

Congratulations on arguing your case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.