× Members

Face to Face "medical" no ESA50

More
8 years 2 months ago #151340 by Anne-Marie Curry
Replied by Anne-Marie Curry on topic Face to Face "medical" no ESA50
thank you, its just helps me get clear about where I am with it all, its not a life changing sum they owe me anyway, but at least I can pay the mortgage with it and the car insurance, and tv licence, both of which are in arrear and I need the car with all my various illnesses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151342 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Face to Face "medical" no ESA50

Rita wrote: thank you, its just helps me get clear about where I am with it all, its not a life changing sum they owe me anyway, but at least I can pay the mortgage with it and the car insurance, and tv licence, both of which are in arrear and I need the car with all my various illnesses.

Hi R,

Yes, it's been a long and unnecessary battle for you as a result of very poor Decision Making by the DWP !!! :(

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #152329 by Anne-Marie Curry
Latest instalment-

Went to the WCA today, only had to wait an hour and a half to be seen, this is because the recording equipment was already in use.

I'd written up a new ESA50 and put absolutely everything in, turned out to be quite a lot.

I'm currently signed off with anxiety, depression and some aspects of PTSD, but the physical stuff I also filled in, and one of those problems has been my kidneys, and I have suffered involuntary urinary incontinence (sorry to have to say that).

The HCP who interviewed me, recorded, I asked at the outset his name and his nursing qualifications. He didn't seem to know when I asked him if he was an SRN or SEN and if they applied these days. He said he was a general nurse, so that's not a HCP with specific skills in mental health.

Anyway, cut a long story short, he focussed only in my incontinence and ended the interview after 15 minutes - so it looks like the might be recommending a special category? No other questions about any mental health issues. He said it would be "weeks" before the DWP write to me. I'll keep you informed and once again, my heartfelt thanks and gratitude to you all xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #152354 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Face to Face "medical" no ESA50
Hi Rita,

It sounds as if your nurse was on the youngish side? The SRN and SEN qualifications were superceded some years ago. SRNs became RNs (Registered Nurses) and the SEN qualification no longer exists.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anne-Marie Curry

More
8 years 2 months ago #152399 by Anne-Marie Curry
the reason I asked the question and mentioned the SRN/EN was just to see what he said, and he said he's a general nurse, which doesn't exist. I feel they have been briefed to tell the people in front of them nothing. Because this is a corporation, not a public service.

www.rcn.org.uk/professional-development/become-a-nurse

He was young and clearly sympathetic, I thought they'll get shot of him.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #152408 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Face to Face "medical" no ESA50

Rita wrote: the reason I asked the question and mentioned the SRN/EN was just to see what he said, and he said he's a general nurse, which doesn't exist. I feel they have been briefed to tell the people in front of them nothing. Because this is a corporation, not a public service.

www.rcn.org.uk/professional-development/become-a-nurse

He was young and clearly sympathetic, I thought they'll get shot of him.

Hi R,

Whatever he may have been in a former life, whether he likes it or not, he is no longer a care giver, simply a Maximus ESA Assessor now !!!!

Good luck !!! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.