× Members

Indefinite DLA

• andy
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #136907 by andy
Indefinite DLA was created by andy
Just read on Rights Net that people on DLA indefinite will be asked to apply for PIP from 13th July 2015. They are starting with postcodes BB, BL, DE, LE, M, OL, PR, ST, WA and WN.
I understood that indefinites wouldn't start until October 2015.
I downloaded the .gov pip information. It's dated June 2015.
I guess this means the worry starts a few months earlier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136910 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Indefinite DLA

andy wrote: Just read on Rights Net that people on DLA indefinite will be asked to apply for PIP from 13th July 2015. They are starting with postcodes BB, BL, DE, LE, M, OL, PR, ST, WA and WN.
I understood that indefinites wouldn't start until October 2015.
I downloaded the .gov pip information. It's dated June 2015.
I guess this means the worry starts a few months earlier.

I am afraid they have bumped up the schedule, there is an article about this in the News section, link to the left.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

• bubbles
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136919 by bubbles
Replied by bubbles on topic Indefinite DLA
Unfortunately, this is very misleading, as I have indefinite dla and am postcode BS and my dreaded invitation letter arrived a few weeks ago dated 29/5. I have queries it and have been told they are randomly selecting indefinite awards all over the country, which proves that the government tell big fibs!!!! My deadline is 26/6 so I had to ring today to start my clam or my money would be stopped.

How unfair is it all???
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136925 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Indefinite DLA

bubbles wrote: Unfortunately, this is very misleading, as I have indefinite dla and am postcode BS and my dreaded invitation letter arrived a few weeks ago dated 29/5. I have queries it and have been told they are randomly selecting indefinite awards all over the country, which proves that the government tell big fibs!!!! My deadline is 26/6 so I had to ring today to start my clam or my money would be stopped.

How unfair is it all???

Hi b,

"big fibs" is putting it mildly !!!

Disregarding DLA to PIP transfer timetable, claimants with Life or Indefinite DLA Awards can be reviewed at any time under : The Right Payment Programme

If the DLA recipient was living in an Active PIP Postcode Area at the time of being reviewed, they would be reviewed under PIP criteria.

It seems that your Postcode, BS, was PIP Active from 28/05/15 :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3069-pip-...-out-to-49-new-areas

See also : PIP Self Test

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

Please keep us all updated.

bro58

• bubbles
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136926 by bubbles
Just to add to my previous comment. I rang dla first and they had no idea and told me that they are advised to tell people who ring and have indefinite awards that they won't be contacted until after October, so even the staff don't know. It took me a lot of phone calls and finally a returned call from a pip case manager who told me the above. I said that I wanted to challenge it as it was very misleading and unfair and possibly unlawful and he told me that if I don't phone by the 26/6 to initiate my claim for pip that my dla would be stopped and I wouldn't get it back as I wouldn't be able to put in a new claim.

He said that there was nothing he could do and that `my journey` to claiming pip had started!!!!

• bubbles
8 years 10 months ago #136929 by bubbles
Hi bro58,

Yes, this is understandable re the review,but I specifically asked them if I was under review for dla or if there was a reason and I was told that the government have decided to randomly select some dla indefinites to invite to claim for pip and he made it sound like it was kind of a test group!

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.