× Members

Indefinite DLA

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136930 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Indefinite DLA

bubbles wrote: Just to add to my previous comment. I rang dla first and they had no idea and told me that they are advised to tell people who ring and have indefinite awards that they won't be contacted until after October, so even the staff don't know. It took me a lot of phone calls and finally a returned call from a pip case manager who told me the above. I said that I wanted to challenge it as it was very misleading and unfair and possibly unlawful and he told me that if I don't phone by the 26/6 to initiate my claim for pip that my dla would be stopped and I wouldn't get it back as I wouldn't be able to put in a new claim.

He said that there was nothing he could do and that `my journey` to claiming pip had started!!!!

Hi b,

Please see my previous post which I think has crossed with this one.

I am afraid that you cannot challenge it and you must comply with all deadlines or your DLA will cease.

As things stand, if you comply with all deadlines, your current DLA payments will continue until 4 weeks after a PIP Decision has been made, no matter what that PIP decision may be.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136931 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Indefinite DLA
I am afraid that, once the PIP transfer has been initiated there is no way of stopping it.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bubbles
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136934 by bubbles
Replied by bubbles on topic Indefinite DLA
Thanks bro58 and yes I will keep you posted.

I know that I have to just put up with it and get on with it, but I do think it's very sneaky and unfair for them to keep changing things.

On a positive note, I have downloaded all your guides and I am reading through them and they are a great source if help and are getting me ready to put across how I am affected and what help I have and need, this site is an invaluable resource and I know I would crumble without it, so thank you b&w team :-)

Best wishes
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago #136936 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Indefinite DLA

bubbles wrote: Thanks bro58 and yes I will keep you posted.

I know that I have to just put up with it and get on with it, but I do think it's very sneaky and unfair for them to keep changing things.

On a positive note, I have downloaded all your guides and I am reading through them and they are a great source if help and are getting me ready to put across how I am affected and what help I have and need, this site is an invaluable resource and I know I would crumble without it, so thank you b&w team :-)

Best wishes

Hi b,

Please do keep in touch !

You may find This Topic helpful, and the links to other information/posts therein.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.