× Members

PIP Descriptors

• canttrusthesystem
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #137889 by canttrusthesystem
PIP Descriptors was created by canttrusthesystem
Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get (probably download) a copy of the PIP descriptors (as set out in the legislation)?

I found it very useful having an exact copy of the descriptors from the legislation when doing my IB to ESA transfer claim, and think the same will probably apply with PIP.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137894 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Descriptors

canttrusthesystem wrote: Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get (probably download) a copy of the PIP descriptors (as set out in the legislation)?

I found it very useful having an exact copy of the descriptors from the legislation when doing my IB to ESA transfer claim, and think the same will probably apply with PIP.

Thanks.

Hi ctts,

Not quite sure how the following will enlighten you any further :

SCHEDULE 1. PERSONAL INDEPENDENCE PAYMENT ASSESSMENT. Parts 1, 2 and 3.

Which can be accessed from the "SCHEDULE 1 PERSONAL INDEPENDENCE PAYMENT ASSESSMENT" link near the bottom of : This Page.

As all The PIP Activities/Descriptors and Points scoring system are covered in our : PIP Claims Guide, (2nd Link on page) but there they are anyway ! :)

They can also be seen "in-site" : Here.

See also : PIP Self Test

You can also download a copy of the latest PIP Assessment Guide from : This Post.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• canttrusthesystem
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #137952 by canttrusthesystem
Replied by canttrusthesystem on topic PIP Descriptors
Thanks a lot, bro58. I have read the stuff on the site and am actively working with the site's PIP Guide, and have got and read the descriptors from there, and downloaded ( and am ready - soon - to print off and read) the PIP assessment guide - but - probably it's just something weird about me and the way my mind works and perhaps my work background - but - it worked for me with my ESA claim too - there's something comforting for me in having a copy of the actual legislation with the descriptors and scoring printed off and to hand as well that I can easily refer to 'at a glance'. So thanks very much - I've now been able to download and print off exactly what I wanted from your links ( but please don't think I'm not using the resources of the site - I'm using those too!).

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

• canttrusthesystem
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #138501 by canttrusthesystem
Something I forgot to say about having the actual descriptors printed off from the offical 'legislation' website, with the scoring system down the side, with this all clearly showing on the printout - when I was asking for evidence from my doctors etc. for my transfer from IB to ESA and went to see them and was explaining the system and showed them the print-off of the descriptors (with the 'official' website address and the recent date etc.) it was both a back-up to my explanation of what the system requires and a clearly 'official' legitimisation of what I was saying (not that any of them were questioning what I was saying, but it helped), and I could leave it with them. It did help me, anyway, and I may well use it the same way with PIP - perhaps it may help others. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

• canttrusthesystem
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #138820 by canttrusthesystem
Hi bro58 / Mods,

I have realized when I went to the link you gave me in your earlier post here for the DWP PIP Assessment Guide, which was a further link embedded in a post on another topic, the date on that guide is July 2015, whereas the date on the PIP Assessment Guide in the PIP Members area on this site is October 2014. I haven't compared them to check for differences, as they are too long, but I thought I should alert someone to a possible issue. If a Mod can take this as a private message, then please don't bother posting it as a forum post - it's just meant for information to the site on this observation.

Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #138826 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Descriptors
Hi ctts,

Having just checked on The Gov. UK, DWP Website, there is a newly updated version of Guidance Given to PIP Assessment Providers dated 28/07/15 : Here

Thanks for pointing that out !!! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.